I've called a few Prop Firms...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by MoneyMatthew, Dec 29, 2010.

1. No way. I have a very bad experience with avatar.Couple of my friends, had trading account with them and they lost money. and i heared lots of traders left and went to other trading firm .i didnt believe it till my interview with them , but after the interview i now why people dont wanna trade there . good luck guys

#21     Jan 4, 2011
  2. bigpapi

bigpapi

First time poster there realy has something intelligent to contribute, so his friends blame avatar for losing money trading over there, then he goes and interviews with avatar and decides that he will also lose money trading over there, furthermore, he concludes that we will all lose money trading at avatar

Something tells me you will lose money wherever you go and at whatever else you decide to do

#22     Jan 5, 2011
  3. Roark

Roark

Remember what happened to Braveheart... died from being tortured and mutilated. You don't need to be a full time trader. What you need to do is not die. See Paul Graham in his essay entitled How Not to Die:

If you can just avoid dying, you get rich.

#23     Jan 5, 2011

4. you might be right, i am a newbe and i might loose money for awhile,( actually i lost some money so far) but i hate when a company spamm elite trade board through fake ids to post for them.

Just search google and elite trade site to see and judge what other exp or new traders saying about avatar peace.

#24     Jan 10, 2011
  5. I would check out Broad St trading and Capital Traders Group or CY. CTG offers 10:1 with 2500 minimum - sounds well suited for <1k shares a month.

I'm pretty sure Broad St and CTG are CBSX/CBOE. CY Group is prob FINRA.

#25     Jan 13, 2011
  6. interesting... if you already have a S7 would you still be required to take this?

#26     Jan 13, 2011
  7. Tradergl

Tradergl

Does anyone have any positive/negative comments or just general knowledge about Pristine Trading Group. Not sure they are technically a prop firm, but I am pretty sure you trade with their money after your intial deposit whcih can be up to 8k.

thanks

#27     Jan 13, 2011
  8. just take the series 7, spend 2 weeks studying pass it, and then trade with the firm you want - Echo- just give 2 weeks of your time to put your mind at ease.

#28     Jan 15, 2011
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

isn't it another way around, you need a firm to sponsor you first in order to take series 7.

#29     Jan 15, 2011

10. yes, you have to have firm sponsor you, but all you have to do is call up and state you want to trade at your firm, please sponsor me to take the S7.

you pay for the test, pay for any transactions expenses and you study on your time and dime.

not a big deal

#30     Jan 15, 2011