I've been trading for 7 months now and still...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jul 22, 2006.

1. lol....Oh, coinzy...always playing the fool.

Did you really have 1000 winning trades in a row?

illiquid, your wisdom is wasted here. coinzy knows that he's posting garbage. But the point is... he's back posting!!!

#61     Jul 23, 2006
  2. Coinz, we both know none of my posts are intended to convince you of anything.

As I said, what you do has nothing to do with trading, it's about wanting to be right all the time and taking infinite risk to accomplish that, with some added accounting magic to embellish the figures. That's useful to no one except shills attempting to sell something to others.

Take your "I need a million in order to make my 50K cut" phishery elsewhere, thanks.

#62     Jul 23, 2006
  3. I might go with Cybertrader.

its .006 a share for the first 2000

then .003 per share above 2000 shares

.006 x 100 shares = 6 cents.. now thats a cheap commission :)

but their per trade commission of 9.95 is really high.

#63     Jul 23, 2006
  4. ib is the cheaper of 'em all...u also likely to save some mo-money thx to smart routin'.

#64     Jul 23, 2006
  5. foible

foible

I'm using Cybertrader right now, through Questrade. There are some glitches with the software that are frustrating until you figure them all out and modify your trading strategy. I also get charged a $6/day/symbol fee which is acceptable for someone that makes a lot of trades in a given stock, but if you aren't moving at least 1,000 shares/day in each stock you trade, IB offers much better rates.

Remember that Cybertrader charges .006/share, but you will also pay gateway fees, SEC fees and other fees. If you are trading the volume that you have been trading, you may be paying .01/share plus all the rest.

And finally, don't forget to ask about data fees, software fees and anything else. If you are trading light volume and paying $200/mo in software fees, the per share reduction won't make up for it.

Luck.

#65     Jul 23, 2006
  6. Cashmoney69,

I trade with Cybertrader here in the US. That would not be a good choice for you at the moment. First, it's minimum $2 per order. As foible noted, there are software fees if you don't trade often enough. If you go with the per share deal, you have to trade 40K shares a month or you are charged $250. It's $150 if you are at $9.95 a trade and don't make 40 trades a month. I think IB is your best bet. I'm not sure about MB but that may also be a good option.

#66     Jul 23, 2006
  7. spot FX is a suckers game - totally unregulated.

at least point him at FX Futures(CME) where he has some protection.

#67     Jul 23, 2006
  8. Maybe MB trading. I hear they shut down alot. Thats what I read in "brokers" section. Other than that, they seem good.

#68     Jul 24, 2006