I've been telling you clods this for years

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by stock777, Jun 17, 2009.

1. cashcow

cashcow

Adapt or die. There are always opportunities in the markets for those who are willing to spend the time researching. HFT may take away one type of trade but usually introduce another in the process.
    Trading advances all the time - stop complaining and start researching - otherwise change career. Stop blaming HFT - and take a long hard look in the mirror.

#31     Jun 28, 2009
  2. I love all these pompous oafs that lecture others on how there are opportunities, but never name one.

talk is cheap. bs walks.

of course there are thousands of opportunities a day, but I defy you to name one in advance.

ps, that an op to make money, not lose it.

#32     Jun 29, 2009
  3. cashcow

cashcow

Why would I give away my research that has taken me hours to achieve. My P&L says it all - I don't need or want to prove anything to anyone.
    I am simply stating the fact that sitting and complaining does not achieve anything. Unless you research and work out new trading ideas you are destined for the traders graveyard.

#33     Jun 30, 2009
  4. you state the obvious.

ill give you a chance to prove you're not a poser.

name something that USED to work that you used.

#34     Jun 30, 2009
  5. cashcow

cashcow

Like I said, I am not trying to prove myself - I already have to myself and that is all that counts. Even if I wanted to answer your question I could just do a search on the internet and find various things, such as:

Nat gas vs Henry hub arb.
    EURUSD following S&P500 a few years back
    Arbing the calendar until exchange turned on implied engines.

To be honest the list is endless, and even if I had done the above you would just turn around and say that you didnt believe it. The hardest thing to face in this market is that it changes so quickly and in order to be one step ahead you either need to know a lot of people to leach from or spend a lot of time researching stuff. Read, read, read, study charts, research, learn code. Unless you do this, to be honest you dont have a right to complain - because the people you are complaining about have.

#35     Jun 30, 2009
  6. There is a major difference between Market Evolution and Manipulation. Just read latest sh!t from NYSE on link below. Basically the twats at 85 Broad Street have now taken over....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16964949/DPTR-Over

Have you guys not seen the nonsense that happens 3-4 times a week during last 30 mins of trading....

#36     Jun 30, 2009
  7. So you admit you leech from others. Now I understand.

Here's one you missed, short weak financials when rumors are spread.

and wtf is that third item? in english

#37     Jun 30, 2009