"I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system," Bush told CNN

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Dec 16, 2008.

1. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=081216215816.8g97981o&show_article=1
    Tuesday he was forced to sacrifice free market principles to save the economy from "collapse."
    "I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system," Bush told CNN television, saying he had made the decision "to make sure the economy doesn't collapse."

Bush's comments reflect an extraordinary departure from his longtime advocacy for an unfettered free market, as his administration has orchestrated unprecedented government intervention in the face of a dire financial

2. dstod

dstod

What a joke!

I never want to hear any of these politicians, especially right wing Republicans talk about being advocates of "Free Markets" ever again.

I'm disgusted.

3. Bush wouldn't know a free market from a flapping vagina...

4. I wish I could have voted him in for a third term. George W. bush is one of the greatest presidents of the past 100 years. I'm serious. He and Reagan both embraced the free market and implemented stock-market-as-reality policy.

5. I think he meant "I've abandoned free market principles to save the status quo." Too bad there was no one whispering into his ear so he could phrase it more eloquently.

I really don't feel bad for the guy - he gets what he deserves. But even occasionally I feel sorry for his lack of ability to pull of anything intellectually sophisticated without the guidance of others... Its pathetic to be perpetually embarassed by everything he says.

I guess we deserve to be in the mess we're in -- around 50% of the population actually picked this stooge. Not as if it were 10%.

6. he also gave up his principles on freedom and democracy to save america, so whats new?

QUOTE]Quote from vhehn:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=081216215816.8g97981o&show_article=1
    Tuesday he was forced to sacrifice free market principles to save the economy from "collapse."
    "I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system," Bush told CNN television, saying he had made the decision "to make sure the economy doesn't collapse."

Bush's comments reflect an extraordinary departure from his longtime advocacy for an unfettered free market, as his administration has orchestrated unprecedented government intervention in the face of a dire financial
    [/QUOTE]

7. mokwit

mokwit

Somebody should throw their shoes at this guy.

8. ipatent

ipatent

9. the only "intervention" he has taken is to transfer wealth from the middle class to the ultra-wealthy.

this half-wits actions have cursed americans for many generations.

It would be one thing if his decisions effected only his retard voters, unfortunately this imbeclies decisions effect every one.

the imbecile should be put away into a mental institution. same for his voters.

10. Well guys, Bush helped to sell capitalism down the river. Wave goodbye.

That said, is there a politician in either party who is not in agreement? Obama? Barney Frank? Chris Dodd? Nancy Pelosi? Harry Reid? Anyone?

I think not.

Bush simply reflected the principles that are alive and well here on this board, and amongst the broader electorate. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. Incompetence rules the day.

OldTrader

#10     Dec 16, 2008