Ivan's Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Ivanovich, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whewww, hit target of 5585 on eur/usd just barely the low 5582.4 I have to get ready to leave and do my day job now.

Happy pip hunting guys!!!

#51     Jul 31, 2008
  2. Closed @ 107.54. I wanted to hold it longer, but the NFP wasn't enough to dissuade the near term USD rally. Will re-enter at higher level. 52 pips on half a million units was a decent pay.

Ivan Score: 0

#52     Aug 1, 2008
  3. Not as good as 52 on a million with a 20k account but better than 52 on 100k with a 50k account :D

I think % return would be more indicative, no?

Some nice scalps on the majors across NFP, it was like playing space invaders!

#53     Aug 1, 2008
  4. Day job! OMG, don't tell me you work for a living :p

#54     Aug 1, 2008
  5. Buy low, sell high :)

...or buy high, sell higher

#55     Aug 1, 2008
  6. Yep Cabletrader, ThePipProphet has a day job! Who would of thunk huh?....lol... Actually I own a mortgage company and manage another one. The housing market is tough right now in my community and i have staff that depends on the jobs i provide.
    You seen the NFP numbers this morning, I just don't have the heart to shut it down at the moment. hhhmmm maybe i'll teach them to trade....

#56     Aug 1, 2008
  7. Sold, 400,000 units USD/CAD @ 1.0280 with stop loss @1.0335 and TP of 1.02.

I, too, have a day job. I'm a director in a CPG company. :)

#57     Aug 1, 2008
  8. Long eur/usd@5567 target 5585 for a quick 18pips, stop tight @ 5560. Looking to hit .618% of fib 5302-6039 move. 5590 resistance looks strong. Will re-evalute once hit. Trading will slow as day progress. As always, this is my analysis based on what I'm charting.

Just adjusted stop to 5573, i would rather take a 6pip profit than a loss anyday, just in case

Well, just in case just happened, stopped out @5573, I will sell another failure of 5590 from this point on.

#58     Aug 1, 2008
  9. CPG, consumer packaged goods, right? (just googled it!)

How are you guys finding things, I would imagine mortgages and retail must be two of the toughest sectors at the moment.

We don't seem to have many takers on the trade posting offer, only a brave few have dared to make a live call!

#59     Aug 1, 2008
  10. Cabletrader, for me things are tough but i've been through tough markets before. I am more concerned with politicians putting their nose in my industry especially when they have no idea about it. The regulation is what I am most concerned with.

Also, of course little takers of posting live trades. I only been on this site for about a couple weeks and a lot of the so called traders here that post don't have a clue. In saying that, i am sure there are a lot of good traders that stay quiet and use this as entertainment. It's like newbie trader reality tv. lmao. Relatively speaking, I'm a newbie trader myself only been trading three years. I can honestly say I am at the last stage before calling myself a true trader and that stage is developing an effective money management system based on my trading style.

#60     Aug 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.