Ivan's Trade Thread, part II

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Ivanovich, Sep 12, 2008.

1. European style ATM cards are a security nightmare (for the customer). If someone steals the card and the PIN-code, they basically have the whole thing. They don't even need the physical card, sometimes they use fake ATMs that copy the card and with a small cam to get to the pin-code. There are various schemes.

As opposed to a credit card (where i understand its pretty easy to get your money back if you got scammed), its nigh impossible to get the monies back from the bank in this case. In the fineprint it usually says that this risk is on the client.

#1281     Nov 9, 2009
  2. It's a serious problem, and getting worse, it's organized crime now!

Pippi's right, there are all sorts of scams going on with this, the latest one is fake 'chip&pin' machines in gas stations, the banks have made it too easy and we're picking up the tab.....what's new!

They obviously don't know about forex trading otherwise they wouldn't bother with crime. :)

#1282     Nov 9, 2009
  3. Where did everybody go?

#1283     Oct 23, 2010
  4. Ivan ran me and Cable out of town on a rail.

Or, Ivan ran Cable and I out of town on a rail

Or, Ivan ran Cable and myself out of town on a rail

The Ever Run Out Of Town VIPER :D

You Want To Race That Thing Or What HOMES

#1284     Oct 23, 2010
  5. Still here, on occasion.
    Funny, I was just wondering the same thing.

#1285     Oct 26, 2010
  6. I came by to see if any activity had picked up ... still nothing.

I see that today is the one year anniversary of Cable's last ET post. I hope he is well.

#1286     Jan 18, 2011
  7. Viper said Cabletrader got banned from ET by Ivan.

#1287     Jan 18, 2011
  8. The more things change, the less they stay the same. You can't go home again.

#1288     Jul 21, 2011