Ivanovich: the moderator from hell

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mr. Gates, Jul 11, 2008.

Has Ivanovich gone too far?

1. Yes absolutely

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No, I support him moving trading threads like Detectives

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. Well for my money it is a vote to kick your worthless ass off the site

AGAIN

Congrats....and welcome to Feedback your new home...

Good job of developing that "good will" you were talking about...

What an impressive piece of work you are....

#11     Jul 12, 2008
  2. OK magna, I guess I know when i'm not wanted. But you know what? I woulda been gone weeks ago, for real. And i can still be gone for good no joke. All I ask for is a simple apology from a certain someone who brought ET to my attention many years ago. He brought me here, and you know that (I think). And he has the opportunity now to come full circle and end this.

I tried to confront this individual a few weeks ago, and humbly asked for him to apologize and admit he was out of line. Instead, he welcomed me to "ignoreville", and then things got a whole lot worse for him on here.

I wish he woulda been a man then, he's just hurting himself by not being one.

Respectfully, The guru of gurus lol (your words)

#12     Jul 12, 2008
  3. #13     Jul 12, 2008
  4. Since the "Trading" forum is at the top, its oftentimes used for different purposes besides trading. For example, Rowshan, he used it to simply attract attention to himself and for discussion of off-topic subjects.

Ivanovich is doing what should have been done years ago and that is to simply clean the forum up.

I know that Baron has been liberally banning ip addresses this last year to make this website cleaner. Thank you.

Ivanovich is now ridding us of the troll posting and I hope that he is banning guys like Rowshan so we can simply get back to trading discussion which this forum is designed for...

#14     Jul 12, 2008
  5. Aren't you a troll?

#15     Jul 12, 2008
  6. I did have respect for Ivanovich, but currently he is letting two posters dominate the trading thread which are Rennick and Rowshan. Both these posters just seem to want attention more then they want to actually discuss the markets or trading.

Rennicks post seems to revolve around a magical "crystal ball" which is actually just picks he got from the closingtrend website.

Rowshan just keeps making market calls as if he is flipping a coin and then there are the famous posters like steve46 that come in to banter.

If Ivanovich doesnt do something about these two guys who thirst for attention, then I will have lost all respect for the guy.

#16     Jul 16, 2008
  7. I've said this before...but I believe its true

The moderator has a difficult "no win" job..

No pay, not much respect, and he has to deal with everyone's issues.

In my opinion if it wasn't for people like him (and the other moderators), this place would be a friggin wasteland.

#17     Jul 17, 2008
  8. Steve, You have demonstrated many times over that unknown persons under an alias (multiple aliases) can easily get under your skin. However, not everyone is like you.

Some guys come on here smiling and laughing and never have a care in the world. Ivanovich doesnt have the "no win" job. He's just some guy that comes on here smiling and laughing while he shews the Gates and other trouble-makers away.

I laugh at these guys who take this message board so seriously. Its an unknown bunch of guys hiding under aliases posting up fake blotters and who knows what else. You have these other guys with complex theories that dont make sense.

I wouldnt take Ivanovich so seriously. I dont think he even cares. Deleting a post or bumping it somewhere else is a matter of a few clicks. He is doing a great job.

#18     Jul 17, 2008
  9. Well, you have a point......I think I may be one of those who do take this place a little too seriously.....

I will give what you said some thought..

Thanks

Steve

#19     Jul 17, 2008
  10. Stop trying to push me into action by promising me your respect. It's quite silly.

I do not have the power to ban individuals, merely to edit and remove posts from particular forums. However, I did ask Joe to remove Rowshans - and I'm certain he'll assit.

#20     Jul 17, 2008