Its your turn to vote here on the Goldman Sachs-gate conspiracy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 30, 2009.

Do you believe there was collusion between senior government officials and Goldman?

1. Yes, there was collusion between Goldman and the government.

109 vote(s)
    87.2%
  2. No, there was no collusion.

16 vote(s)
    12.8%

1. Unethical business practices may get you ahead in the short run, sooner or later it will catch up with you. People will start to ask themselves, do I really want to do business with this company. Once it is perceived that your standards and ethics are noticeably lacking people go out of there way not to do business with you.

I think that’s why Goldman counts so much on there in house trading.

#51     Sep 2, 2009
  2. yep, gold just broke out of its range, i expect a slight pull back then more follow through to the upside...

for what its worth...

enough GS , am outa here, have fun guys...

#52     Sep 2, 2009
  3. #53     Sep 2, 2009
  4. achilles28

achilles28

You assume America is beyond saving. Its not.

Looking out for number#1 may save your children, but will it save theirs?

Our grandfathers fought and died against the Nazi's in World War 2. Their fathers dove head-first into the Meat Grinder that was WW1.

The least our generation can do is get off the sidelines, stop being such pussies, and FIGHT for the Country our Ancestors built (and died for).

Or have we become totally gelded, emasculated little homos that we no longer care whats right, or whats wrong? Just so long as we got "ours", the world can go to hell?

Is that what we've become? A Nation of self-centered, cowards?

You tell me, Makolda.

#54     Sep 2, 2009

5. Makloda my not live in America.

#55     Sep 2, 2009
  6. achilles28

achilles28

FDA = Big Pharma. Yep. And professed 'traders' claim naivety all day. Bernacke says there's no corruption, so it must be so?

Are we that dumb?

#56     Sep 2, 2009
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Yea, he lives in Europe. But we all share a common morality.

#57     Sep 2, 2009
  8. You may argue this is a matter of patriotism and nationalistic pride. I argue it is a matter of (self-centered) personal, financial security of our families. Delving in conspiracy theories and "fighting for the greater good" does not guarantee much beyond satisfaction of your patriotic senses.

Is our Western system beyond repair? I have no idea, but neither me nor my family are going to pay for the trillions in deficits and damage.

From what I understand the current US administration wants to pass a law that will "generate" $600 bln in extra tax revenues from "wealthy households". My best guess is that this is only the beginning, on a world-wide scale. This entire ordeal will take one or two generations to pay off. Hard-working lemmings in the corporate rat-race, paying their ever-increasing taxes. At some point, does it really matter if Goldman Sachs got money from AIG? Or if Hank Paulson was in bed with Lloyd Blankfein? All this will be of interest to historians at some point but but today it is just getting us sidetracked.

Depending on citizenship and personal ties, there are ways for us and and our families to hit the "eject button" from this unfolding nightmare and wave the system good-bye.

#58     Sep 2, 2009
  9. Thanks guys for voting. Out of a 100 random people, at least 80% believe there was some type of collusion and conspiracy with the government and Goldman Sachs.

This by far is not a real statisical sample, but it makes me wonder. If most people believe there was a conspiracy, why isnt this investigated? Why isnt Congress holding hearings? Why isnt there more outrage?

#60     Sep 2, 2009