Its your turn to vote here on the Goldman Sachs-gate conspiracy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 30, 2009.

Do you believe there was collusion between senior government officials and Goldman?

1. Yes, there was collusion between Goldman and the government.

109 vote(s)
    87.2%
  2. No, there was no collusion.

16 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. Is there any way to make money spinning/following conspiracy theories? At best they're a source of entertainment, at worst a terrible waste of precious time.

#41     Sep 2, 2009
  2. I take it as entertainment but at the same time some who may not be up to speed may start to believe this crap if you just tell them often enough...

#42     Sep 2, 2009
  3. Oh c'mon, you're way too intelligent to not see or admit that Goldman and Treasury & the Fed is a literal and virtual revolving door of nepotism, and that Goldman has many ex-employees now in some of the highest and most influential branches and levels of government.

Anyone who doesn't either admit this fact or concede it isn't possible for some serious hanky-panky to NOT result is.......well, use your own euphemism.

#43     Sep 2, 2009
  4. The facts are not on your side. Asisprop all you doing is drawing more attention to the company. If you want something to die down you keep you mouth shut.

#44     Sep 2, 2009
  5. you are absolutely right. A number of Ex-GS employees are now working in politics. So, what is exactly your point now? If it was not GS but Boing ex-employees you would bitch about Boing day and night?

I can only repeat, if you want to avoid any form of possible collusion between two human beings then build couple billion islands. Reality is, people talk, people maintain networks, people build networks, networks have a value, and value is pursued and preserved as a form of wealth conservation. It really does not matter how much you disagree with that!

#45     Sep 2, 2009
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Our entire system is built on collusion and Moral Hazard.

Banks and Wallstreet own the Federal Reserve. And Congress, for that matter.

Those are just the facts. Start from there.

#46     Sep 2, 2009
  7. I am 100% long on full margin with Abby Joseph Cohen's new bull market call!

#47     Sep 2, 2009
  8. Buy gold, sell the dollar.:p

#48     Sep 2, 2009
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

exactly...from wall street and the fed to the FDA and Big pharma. It is Human Nature...it's a miracle we have survived as long as we have.

#49     Sep 2, 2009
  10. I don't dispute any of these allegations, but I am asking: why does this make things any different from 10, 50 or 500 years ago? For all we know those with money and power have aggressively lobbied for their own well-being with governments/kings/central banks for hundreds of years. The family of the Fuggers pretty much owned the aristocracy of entire continental Europe at some point in the Medieval age.

IMO, there are many things to ponder in these times, e.g. asset protection, tax liabilities of our children, international tax treaties etc. Blaming future tax hikes (which will come down like a hammer on all of the G8 IMO, not just the US) on Goldman Sachs/AIG doesn't solve much. You just get side-tracked wasting our time thinking about "cui bono". Taxes will still go higher, regardless of all this is being a conspiracy or not. The question IMO is not "whose fault is it" but "what do I do TODAY in order to deal with the situation and protect my family".

#50     Sep 2, 2009