Its your turn to vote here on the Goldman Sachs-gate conspiracy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 30, 2009.

Do you believe there was collusion between senior government officials and Goldman?

1. Yes, there was collusion between Goldman and the government.

109 vote(s)
    87.2%
  2. No, there was no collusion.

16 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. People are always pissed at the most successful companies; to the losers everything the winner's do is unfair.

#31     Sep 2, 2009
  2. Some companies choose to operate in an ethical and fair manner, some don’t. The poll would suggest GS operates in an unethical manner.

#32     Sep 2, 2009
  3. i think you hit the nail on its head. Those who bitch about God and financial firms are clearly those who missed the sell-off last year, were possibly even long, at least they lost a bunch, and missed the rebound completely, are deeply under water and now have an increadibly hard time to comprehend there are market players who got it right. GS made money because senior management pressed traders to take on risk when everyone was the most afraid and scared, precisely in the same way then when Buffett hit as well. Amateurs who make GS their demon for life are those who will generally be behind the curve.

Come back and ask me for an apology when GS gets convicted for bribery in court. Oh, I forgot GS also bought the chief justice...

#33     Sep 2, 2009
  4. thats the biggest bollocks I heard in a while. The only thing this poll reflects is the average IQ of the ET readership, a crowd that avidly follows "SMART-Money" and every other monkey on the news. Give me a break...

#34     Sep 2, 2009
  5. It’s really sad Goldmans reputation has taken a turn for the worse. . Association with this company at the moment is being discouraged. That’s the price you pay for unethical business practices. Over time things may get better.

#35     Sep 2, 2009
  6. Would you feel that way if the poll favored GS?

#36     Sep 2, 2009
  7. If it wasn’t for their former CEO Hank Paulson bankrupting
    their competition (Bear and Lehman) and then extorting
    Congress behind closed doors under the threat of martial law,
    they wouldn’t even be in business today.

Does having your former CEO being able to choose who among
    your competitors lives, or dies, make you a genius?

Does having your former CEO bail you out via the backdoor
    of AIG, make you a genius?

Does running the latest shadow-government version of
    INSLAW/PTECH/PROMIS software and front running the market
    (not mention their own clients) as the defacto trading arm
    of the Plunge Protection Team make you a genius?

Does stuffing profits offshore and only paying a 1% income tax
    rate, after being bailed out by taxpayers who pay 20-30-40
    times that, make you a genius?

Was former Goldman Chairman and NY Fed head Stephen Friedman a
    genius, or just another front running, inside trader?

Since when does front running & shearing the sheep make one a genius?

#37     Sep 2, 2009
  8. would you mind naming A SINGLE American company larger than 1bn market cap without any history of questionable ethical issues? I am curious what comes to mind...

Oh, I forgot, one which generates a satisfactory return for shareholders, because thats the benchmark here.

#38     Sep 2, 2009
  9. are you ironic or a complete retard?

a) Nobody but BS and Lehman bankrupted themselves.
    b) Congress voted on this bailout package under no threat whatsoever OTHER THAN their voters who would be lying drop dead on the street with an additional 10-20% of unemployment, personal bankruptcies, and investment losses. So if your elected representatives whore themselves out for votes in the upcoming election then thats something you better take up with them rather than trying to stick it to other, less influential parties involved. Or you want to tell us GS had more say on this than the administration and congress?
    c) GS DOES NOT pay a 1% corporate income tax, no matter how you screw and turn it around.

You are full of shxx and you know it.

#39     Sep 2, 2009
  10. Friend the facts are not in your favor. You can spout off all you want, and you indeed do plenty of that.

Try and think of a way to rig the numbers in this poll, thats the Goldman way to do business.

#40     Sep 2, 2009