It's Time We Start Using Civil Discourse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Oh, you mean this guy?

#51     Mar 22, 2012
  2. My post was a general comment to those who said they now view "c" differently.

#52     Mar 22, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

I agree if everyone had to worry about their reputation, the Politics and Religion section would turn into nothing more than a big circle jerk where everyone hedged their bets.

Its the anonymity, and lack of worry about being politically correct that makes for a debate.

Everyone has been in one of those dinner scenarios, where you vehemently oppose someone elses political beliefs but you dont just want to tear a strip off the guy, because you have to worry about being politically correct, so you kind of find some agreement with them, even though deep down, you just want to tear the guy a new arsehole.

Imagine what a scene it would be if 3 staunch supporters of the right, and 3 supporters of the left all off of ET happened to sit down at a dinner table, and we could all voice our opinion openly. It would be quite the scene. Id imagine it would end up in a fist fight. :D

#53     Mar 22, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I quite often am at dinner with *all* liberals who are asking my position and trying to draw me out to fight.

Quite honestly P&R is the ONLY place I can be myself or plainly state my views. I feel deep gratitude towards Baron and Joe for allowing this to occur and moderating in a mostly hands-off manner.

#54     Mar 22, 2012
  5. That's a very fair point Max. Ironically, I believe that the main reason why "c" drew so much ire was because he was constantly "hedging his bets" and calling himself a centrist while continually debating with liberal "talking points".

#55     Mar 22, 2012
  6. Some of us call that for what it is: yellow-bellied cowardice.

#56     Mar 23, 2012
  7. What is your previous / other alias? Are your other personalities also pretend badass?

#57     Mar 23, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

#58     Mar 23, 2012
  9. JamesL

JamesL

Classic!!

#59     Mar 23, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Unlike you Gabs I don't alienate family and friends over their misguided political views. You really are a lowlife faghag.

#60     Mar 23, 2012