It's Time We Start Using Civil Discourse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 22, 2012.

1. So you are going to deny your obsession with Marketsurfer?

And how pathetic does a person have to be to worry about his/her "integrity" as an anonymous individual on a message board?

You are starting to remind me of Nine_Ender...

#41     Mar 22, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Now that i know it is Don, i dont really think he is a troll. See i always thought that the calls for civility, and claims of being a centrist, combined with the over the top niceness, while he took pot shots at the right all day was just a self righteous act on his part.

Don Bright is very much an "over the top" nice guy, if you read his posts on this site over the years, so that part was not an act.

After seeing that even Don didnt want to be caught in the politics section it makes me wonder whether or not I am doing battle daily with an alternate handle of some of the big traders i have met on this site, who also dont want to talk politics under their original handle.

It would be quite the trip if i was chatting with another trader on a daily basis, at the same time i was throwing him under the bus because he also had an alternate politics nickname, and ended up being some horses brASS.

One thing i will say, is that i have a hell of a lot more respect for Maverick, and Rearden Metal after seeing this, because they are the only two highly profitable traders i have seen who are always willing to express their political opinion on this site, and they have never been worried about changing handles, or being politically correct, what you see is what you get with those 2.

#42     Mar 22, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

I'm beginning to think I made a mistake in not just sending Don a PM to delete the post before others saw it. He really has been a stand up guy and a help to many here. If he wants to have an anonymous username and play politics down here in the P&R why shouldn't he?

It's the anonymity that lets us say some of the things we do. You don't think these discussions would take the direction they do if we were all sitting around a poker table or a dinning room table, do you?

#43     Mar 22, 2012
  4. I don't see why it matters who "c" is. Warren Buffett could buy someone worth $100 million 400+ times over but that doesn't make his politics any less idiotic.

#44     Mar 22, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

What, me worry?

The only thing pathetic is your repeated lying. The integrity reference serves no other purpose than to highlight your own lack thereof. But since you're as anonymous and forgettable as your opinions, it really doesn't matter.

#45     Mar 22, 2012
  6. Only insofar as it prevents me from the obligation of getting up and ripping some liberal douche-bag's head off and $hitting down his neck.

#46     Mar 22, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Still in the throes of potty training, I see.

#47     Mar 22, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

Exactly. It wouldn't be a discussion - it would be a brawl - or a gun fight! :D

#48     Mar 22, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Gabs shut the fuck up, the adults are having a discussion.

#49     Mar 22, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

This.

Pspr didn't make the mistake. C did.

And I'm not so sure it was a mistake.

#50     Mar 22, 2012