Its time to think about shorting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by eagle488, Nov 15, 2006.

1. I know your mind is there. Your thinking that there are not a lot of obvious deals anymore and so its not possible to make money on the long. However, your afraid right now either to long or short the market.

Dont worry. We will be there in 3-4 months where we will be able to short the market. That time is not now or next month, but it will come soon. 3-4 months and we will be there again. Count on it.

2. Do you only short the market ?

3. S2007S

S2007S

this is going to be a long forum, i can tell

4. I go the way that makes sense. If short is the way then there I am, if long is the way then I will go that way too.

Right now I feel everyone is too comfortable and money is flowing into the market too quickly. This will probably last for sometime. Im thinking that it will be time to short right around March or April.

Over the summer, I felt the complete opposite. Money was flowing out too quickly. Stocks were getting sold off for no reason.

5. I'm shorting at spx 1800

6. Here is how INTC has done historically. See that date for their first conference call in January. That first conference call has classically been bad. The stock shoots up all Christmas long because everyone is getting a computer for Christmas. Then the Jan conference call rolls around and down she goes.

7. S2007S

S2007S

1800 whewwwwww

8. the way its moving be prepared to short the spx1800 tommorow afternoon or early Monday morning...hahahha

9. For very quick swing trades I think we will have a good shorting opportunity tomorrow and friday since option expirations are upon us.

10. For very quick swing trades I think we will have a good shorting opportunity tomorrow and friday since option expirations are upon us.

#10     Nov 15, 2006