It’s time to strengthen the regulation of crypto-assets

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by ETJ, Mar 22, 2019.

1. ETJ

ETJ

2. Metamega

Metamega

Thought the idea of crypto was it was unregulated. Regulating it sounds like fool mans gold.

wildchild and Overnight like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Exactly. Cryptos are unregulated. You can't strengthen something that does not exist? I guess that is what colleges teach these days. You can make existence happen. Om!

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Then it would seem like its existence (unregulation) was its strength will then be its eventual downfall as more fraud, stolen cryps and such continues to occur.

Heck, I've been reading more news in 2019 than any of the recent years about arrests. Obviously there's a problem and many people think that problem is due to its "unregulation" ?

wrbtrader

5. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

I think regulation will be a part of mass adoption. There's no other way around it. And when regulation does happen, it will probably make prices plunge.

There will always be unregulated crypto because they just can't regulate 100% of the industry. If you and I could make our own blockchain, then there is no way they can regulate everything. Most of the coins are decentralized, and even Bitcoin has people wondering who the founder is. When there is no one to take responsibility for a currency then there almost nothing they can do.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019