It's Time to Short the US Equities

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by glennw, Aug 21, 2009.

1. op just a one off troll

last seen panhandling on Broome St

#51     Sep 21, 2009
  2. so how is the short position doing for you?

#52     Sep 23, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

there is no such thing as a free trade on wall street. . the past is the past.

#53     Sep 23, 2009

4. I totally agree with this person. If you really want to make money off of investing make sure you have real indicators on your side or don't short at all. Your becoming way to emotional about trading if you "must" be in a trade.
    If your a bear it's best to stay on the sidelines. If you can switch between being a bear or a bull than you might as well go long. As it is, the markets are making higher highs and lower lows. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out we're still in an up trend.
    Now, I'm not trying to be a critic or anything it's just a reminder that all traders need.
    We're not suppose to be wishful thinkers, we're suppose to be realistic profit takers. Playing the game of consistent survival with a mounting amount of dollars on our side of the table. The mark of a true trader can be summed up in how much equity they can build in their account.
    If you can't build equity your not a good trader, so you may as well quit.

#54     Sep 23, 2009
  5. Although the market is going up while the earnings/economy/fundamentals are going up; it's too dangerous to fight the trend in a short.

Shorts have unlimited risk.
    Buy puts, or something with limited risk.

#55     Sep 23, 2009
  6. deep21

deep21

It looks like were ready for a little correction/pullback right about now. At least Im hoping for one - about 5% for the nezt few days. I want to buy, but wont until there is a good pullback. Lets wait and see - ill be ready for it.

#56     Sep 23, 2009
  7. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

hey hajimow..what if i told u i closed 500 TXN on Sep09 @ $25.00 even-just as well :eek:

#57     Sep 28, 2009