It's Time to Short the US Equities

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by glennw, Aug 21, 2009.

1. TT, what is your time frame for 1200? Is it by year end? Midway through next year?

#41     Sep 15, 2009
  2. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

tt..drop the shite..right:D

the market..the dumb fukin market..will do what it will do..take control and you can do what others will never be able to do..as they are the weak minded..and doomed to eternal stagnation and mindless meandering in the big bad world of trading..IT'S A FUKIN MUGS GAME..SO STOP BEING A MUG AND TAKE THE MONEY FROM THE IDIOTS WHO HAND IT OUT EACH AND EVERY DAY:D

#42     Sep 15, 2009
  3. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

if you think that tt..or anyone else for that matter..has any influence on what way the major indexes will head..then you..if you pardon the expression..are losing it:D

have you ever heard of wishful thinking..and sooth sayers..and psychics..and all the other shite that is in the world..what the fuk:eek:

SUPPLY AND FUKIN DEMAND - THE MORE THE BIG INSTITUTIONS BUY THE MORE THE PRICE WILL GO UP..AND THE MORE THEY SELL THE MORE THE PRICE WILL GO DOWN..WHAT THE FUK..WHO KNOWS WHAT THE STUPID FUKIN IDIOTS WILL DO TOMORROW..FOR THEY DO NOT KNOW THEMSELVES..AS THEY ARE THICK BASTARDS THAT NOW RELY ON SO CALLED SOPHISTICATED ALGORITHMS..WHAT A FUKIN BUNCH OF DIM WITS..A COMPUTER WILL PREDICT THE FUTURE FOR ME..YEP..SURE IT WILL:D

#43     Sep 15, 2009
  4. by years end yes.

HAHAHA,

btw my bet is not on it.. I day trade. I just don't agree with these it's going down thread, because PA and trend says something else. When the trend changes then I would agree with some selling threads. For now. to the moon!

Thanks..

#44     Sep 15, 2009
  5. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

hey look at me...i'm goin to the moon
    up and away...above all the baboon:D
    i'm out long..and not shortin soon
    cause hey...not yet too much gloom

but then...we have the sooth that say
    market must reverse...now...or today
    but if not..then it will do so so soon
    as it must...else we be in ruin:D

#45     Sep 16, 2009
  6. piezoe

piezoe

trading_time has guessed 1200 on the S&P just like every other experienced trader in the world because that is where the next resistance is. It is purely a technical call. Just look at the chart.

Does that mean the market will go straight up to 1200. No, of course not. That's a reasonable target at this point. In the meantime you are a fool to go short until the market tells you to. The first step in telling you to will be a close below the trendline. We haven't had that yet. Then the next step will be either a move further down on reasonable volume, or a retrace to the trend-line with failure to close above it. At that point, as always, it is a judgment call. But you shouldn't even consider going short until one of those "maybe" events take place, or you wake up to find people jumping out of twelve story buildings.

If you are just so nervous that you just have to be short something, then find some hideous, hapless, hopeless stock like maybe Blockbuster and lay a short put diagonal on it, or something, with the long leg deep and far out, if that is what it is going to take to stop your urge to second guess the market. The market will tell you when it might be time to short! It hasn't said anything along those lines yet, so stop this nonsense about shorting the market or i will have to slap you..

#46     Sep 16, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

P.S. Mach4. Before you bounce back with foul language and a nonsense limerick, note that the person i'm going to have to slap is the figurative you -- the "you" that wants to short the market here and now.

#47     Sep 17, 2009
  8. you caught me, couldn't have said it better myself. :D

#48     Sep 17, 2009
  9. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

listen here boy, this is no toy
    are u a goat..or do you just gloat
    money is make..when there to take
    no matter it yet..the side of the bet

those who just stay..one side on the day
    are silly u see..for they not like buzy bee
    when they know how..it be like a cow
    with udder so fat..then like big fat cat:D

stop all this song..bout only being long
    for price it will be..what it is you see
    trade it with ink..not with what u think
    mind not the weak..for they indeed bleak

who gives a shite..about being so right
    place the dumb bet..u give or u get
    fuk the dumb asses..who all wear thick glasses
    as money will flow..to those in the know

to be in the know..off with big toe
    shove it up far..and look for the bar
    not the drunks den..the one and the ten
    practice will make..a lovely BIG CAKE:D

#49     Sep 17, 2009
  10. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

hey P, i hope u did not take offense at my little verse - nothing personal, as i never hold a grudge against any person i don't know personally:D

#50     Sep 21, 2009