It's time to get serious on Sirius

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by HolyGrail, Dec 15, 2006.

1. You're not looking at the gap. The gap was huge before signing stern. Sirius wasn't even close to the subscribers of xm.

#31     Dec 15, 2006
  2. You probably read my post too fast. It says to buy the $4 strike JAN put for a net cost of .20 for an ultra cheap five week hedge

OR

just go long on the $5 strike JAN call for a nickel

#32     Dec 15, 2006
  3. More deltas and nearly triple the time for a Mar 6 call (.10)

The OI on the Jan 5s is insane, though. 173,000 contracts? Wow!

Jan 2.5P have it beat with 182,000. I can't imagine that many people are betting on bankruptcy in the next 35 days (or made any money selling those things).

#33     Dec 15, 2006
  4. hels02

hels02

Ahh. Ok:p.

It's not $.20, it's $.30 on the ask, but I get your point. It's a good point too.

#34     Dec 15, 2006
  5. Cool .. well its in the money by a dime, which is not subtracting from your bottom line -- so the net cost is .20

#35     Dec 15, 2006
  6. The OI is kind of interesting on those Jan 5s. You could take it either way really.

That is a heck of allot of time to buy for March at a mere dime. A very attractive contract for sure.

That is an insane OI though on those Jan2.5P's man. Not sure. The only way they could of sold those would have been like 6 months ago just for time premium, since SIRI has traded higher earlier in the year. But most likely its a combo of people maybe grabbing those to finish off spreads or just pure speculation of a tank.

#36     Dec 15, 2006
  7. bg514

bg514

Just looked up a chart of SIRI.

Do the words "secular long term downtrend" mean anything to you?

#37     Dec 15, 2006
  8. It may be in a downtrend, but I don't think you know what 'secular' means. Even a crappy, debt-saddled company can't be in a 'secular' downturn, as long as they are expanding their customer base & increasing gross revenues.

#38     Dec 15, 2006
  9. Buy fear, sell greed. You very rarely go wrong with that philosophy. I have traded and watched this stock daily since February. I have a basic "feel" when it is about to even make a minor change in direction. The direction from here is up. How far up I can't tell you yet, but nevertheless, it will go up from here.

It's a trade and a good potential long term hold. I've got people in this thread complaining about business models as if they know something about business models. There are only two companies in this sector, and in less than 5 years every car will come equipped with either sirius or xm radios. If that's a bad business model I sure would like to hear what a good model would be for these companies.

#39     Dec 15, 2006
  10. RiverRat

RiverRat

I think I'll buy a small position in it over the next week or so.

:D

#40     Dec 15, 2006