It's time to get rid of misconceptions in trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 4DTrader, Dec 4, 2007.

1. GREAT POST..I totally agree your statement that..,"trading is NOT difficult"...

#31     Dec 7, 2007
  2. andread

andread

I don't like you anymore. My envy is getting too big :)

#32     Dec 7, 2007
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

in an unofficial poll taken at a MENSA gathering only 3 out of 70 had made money in the markets. The other 67 consistently lost, I got this information from my father who is a member of MENSA, I am not

#33     Dec 7, 2007
  4. "Trading is not difficult"

If you are finding it difficult and are consistently losing money, just switch to doing the exact opposite and now you will be making money.

:)

#34     Dec 7, 2007
  5. Up, down, or sidways -- whats so hard? :confused: :D

#35     Dec 7, 2007
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

to be successful at trading you have to get a tablet and start making notes on what to do and what not to do. then when you have so many rules you need a computer to keep up with them and prod you into action. when you have done this work you will make it if you become a servant of the method.

#36     Dec 7, 2007
  7. Bootsie

Bootsie

(not my quote)

"Trading is the hardest way to make easy money."

B

#37     Dec 7, 2007

8. Correction, It's "Trading is a hard way to make an easy living"

#38     Dec 7, 2007
  9. BSAM

BSAM

This probably surprises many, but it shouldn't. High IQ is not a requirement. May possibly be a detriment, in some cases.

#39     Dec 7, 2007
  10. bathrobe

bathrobe

This is very true, my father (high IQ, mensa member) wanted to trade but he could not understand some very basic indicators, he also has trouble w/ computer knowledge. Yet at the same time he can do some math that I find nearly impossible and has a great deal of knowledge of high finance.

6 or so months ago I was looking at the Bear Stearns website for jobs and came across a quote from a higher up stating while other investment Banks like to hire and promote MBA's they look for those who are: Poor, Smart, and have a desire to become rich. I also know Goldman Sachs looks for those with degrees in liberal arts, not necessarily finance or business.

#40     Dec 7, 2007