Its surreal as 1 in 8 on food stamps but people fighting for iphones

Discussion in 'Economics' started by piggie2000, Jan 4, 2010.

1. mikasa

mikasa

can't make any predictions except that it will get very interesting

#21     Jan 5, 2010
  2. LeeD

LeeD

If you say so, you have never seen a 3D movie on an Imax screen. Even a average plain boring movie can make for pretty exciting experience when you see it in 3D. I haven't seen Avatar (yet) but from what I hear it is way better than average.

I'm sure we all know what industries grow in a recession. Aside from pawnbrokers, these are makers of all kinds of sweets, tobaco and alchohol, especially cheap one.

#22     Jan 5, 2010
  3. Don't forget the goldminers.:p

#23     Jan 5, 2010
  4. drcha

drcha

What makes you think only the middle class is going to be taxed to death? It will be all of us, ALL OF US, taxed to death. They have not even gotten started yet: wealth tax, death tax, inheritance tax, VAT tax, tax on Roth earnings, etc, etc. Maybe more I can't even think of.

#24     Jan 5, 2010
  5. If you can do this in less than 3 yrs you have crappy skills.

#25     Jan 10, 2010
  6. This is why there will always be homeless people on the streets. You offer the bare minimum and it may not be enough to entice them off the streets. If you are living in a barracks style dorm with a bunch of crazy people who are trying to steal what little you have and the shelter smells like piss...well i dont know, but if that was me, I think living in a tent with a sleeping bag in the fresh air sounds a whole lot better.

#26     Jan 10, 2010
  7. drcha

drcha

I think they don't want shelters because shelters have rules. You can't scream and yell, have fights, or use or sell drugs in them.

#27     Jan 10, 2010
  8. rcj

rcj

Yes, this is pretty much the case in Houston region. You got to obey the rules or you're out. If you start shit, cops come and
    you get busted.

#28     Jan 10, 2010
  9. Or worse. If you start shit, someone just might finish it for ya!:D

#29     Jan 10, 2010