It's starting to unwind!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AutoMate, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Yes absolutely. Unfortunately I have little time to post on ET and when I am blasting shit out I just spill it. My highschool english teacher would have a shit fit, but of course that the beauty of the internet, nobody marking you work or checking your grammar, well most of the time anyways. LOL.

#11     Sep 21, 2008
  2. Hehe....for the record I am no internet grammar nazi, just the big single paragraph is hard to read, makes my eyes hurt. but that is probably my problem.

#12     Sep 21, 2008
  3. cipher4d

cipher4d

#13     Sep 21, 2008

4. This is a great opportunity for the american people to get rid of the federal reserve and the neo-conservative malaise.

unfortunately they are all drugged up un-thinking sheep.

#14     Sep 21, 2008
  5. Most of the posters here get their info from TV.... LOL.

A few years ago, when the economy was stellar by any and all measures, 40% of the US population polled as thinking we were in a depression!! Were they informed properly? Hell no. Did they get their info from TV? Most likely, since those bastards that report the news are never going to give Bush credit for ANYTHING....

I just had breakfast with an acquaintance of mine. The guy is a loser by any and all measures, hates Bush too... what else is new... Today, I realized that he likes living in a vacuum of negativity.. he goes on about how everything is going to collapse all the time and he hates the big guys that cause all this stuff... huh? Somebody caused all the bankers all over the world, educated people, experienced people, from every culture, to buy worthless paper? Wow, worldwide mind control.... it's here at last.. the UFO's can't be far behind...

Here is a question for all of you TV viewers: how much of the bailout is in the form of loans that will be paid back? I think it's a lot of it but I was stuck in front of a television this morning for an hour and I never saw any mention of that, it was just all about the huge cost to the taxpayers and commie Obama decrying the crooks on Wallstreet or whatever it was he was flapping his little bird wings about......

#15     Sep 21, 2008

6. You never saw Wargames??? :D

#16     Sep 21, 2008
  7. Whole thing was interesting. Just wanted you to sound credible, that's all :)

#17     Sep 21, 2008
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

Considering how badly the government screws up things they touch, I can't give them the benefit of the doubt on anything anymore, let anyone this big of a bailout. I hope it turns out okay, but the rational side of me cannot fathom how everything turns up roses. I wish I had your optimism.

#18     Sep 21, 2008
  9. Fractals,
    I hope you can credit me with actually thinking on my own - and sourcing my thinking.

Here is a question to YOU: WHO ARE YOU?

There is a systemic bias ongoing, and there are supporters of the Bush administration and the Neocon movement all over the Internet. I have had quite a few scuffles with them --- and I'll tell you ONE THING: I have NEVER lost any argument with them. You know why? Because I am able to THINK and do problem solving.

Rumsfeld addressed the "Internet question" in 2006:
    http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=1206

He called it "a war of ideas".

One tactic/strategy that is rampant is to ridicule perceptions being put forward that there is systemic bias - you then push this perception as it was a full-fledged conspiracy theory.

Well, as I've explained to you WHY conspiracy theories occurs, and HOW they form - here I go again:

When there is a perceived system FLAW - people start sensing this, and speculate... Thinking is good - but not many are apt at actually SOLVING problems and systems science is a very much novelty - I guess you never knew it existed before I mentioned it here. Well, when there is a system flaw - then a conspiracy theory forms as people start rationalizing and using reductionist principles like Occam's razor. But with systems theory, systems thinking and systems philosophy - you are not trimming stuff down to the bone - but keep the oversight view of all things.

The systems science and systems theory describes a system LIKE IT IS currently - not WHY it emerged. In systems philosophy there is emphasis on HOW systems emerge. Therefore - a systemic view is a NEUTRAL view of state-of-affairs. It describes how things ARE. Then with the systemic BIAS - it is surprisingly EASY to identify the flaws.

This is a nice boon to be able to THINK.
    Also look into lateral thinking
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral_thinking

Or you can just keep going by "blind faith"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_of_faith

I prefer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deductive_system
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_science

#19     Sep 21, 2008
  10. Hey, dude, I can't speak for posters, I am just a bottom feeding scum sucking low life day trader.

But as a trader, I got ALL my market information from TV last week.

That is the reality of a socialized economy and nationalized financial institutions.

MSM whores get fed bits and pieces from what is going on behind politically correct unsmoke filled rooms.

Bob Macke, one the regulars on Fast Money, coined a new word for the oldest sex act in the universe, he said when he got on the train Friday morining and read the paper, and he learned that he had been GASPARINOED to the tune of 400 Dow points.

But do NOT be knocking those who get their information from television, that has what the world has become, even those of us who NEVER thought we would become SHEEPLE, find ourselves tuning in to find out just what the newest incarnation of the PLUNGE PROTECTION TEAM has in store.

#20     Sep 21, 2008