It's snowing.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jnbadger, Apr 10, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Check your fuses.

#21     Apr 20, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

Conjecture dumbass. It's gone up because the warming caused by the sun has warmed the surface of the ocean. Man's contribution is miniscule. You are so stupid my brain hurts for you.

#22     Apr 20, 2013
  3. Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

In the words of Bill Clinton, better put some ice on that.

#23     Apr 20, 2013
  4. Acknowledgment that there is actually a problem that we will need to deal with it one way or another.

#24     Apr 20, 2013
  5. How's that exactly? Am I not reading the his original post correctly? He's using the same reasoning he calls stupid to conclude the direct opposite. He's not doing this to mock his opposition, but rather to support his already formed opinion.

This is another just example of poor critical thinking skill that is ruining this country. Just because one set of evidence is questionable does not mean all evidence is questionable.

FYI, I have advanced degrees in engineering and had to work my way through some very difficult problems in my career both in and out of finance. I've seen a lot of mistakes made that caused businesses/people to fail. The most serious mistake is ignoring evidence, *no matter* how questionable because it doesn't fit in to the way one views the world.

Good luck with your opinions. Just remember that the stronger you feel the need to confirm those opinions, the weaker the factual support for your opinion likely is.

#25     Apr 20, 2013
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

A buddy of mine is on vacation in Florida, and sent me a pic of the temp. 94 degrees.

Believe it or not, we deal with that in Wisconsin, as well. Use the remote starter to heat the car up in the winter, and ya use the remote starter to cool the car down in the summer. We're in the St Croix river valley, so she's a humid bitch when she's 90.

But I have to say, it is gorgeous outside right now. 32 degrees and clear with zero wind. (20 below the normal high). And the radiant heat from Mr sunshine makes it feel like Colorado.

Edit: Just too much snow everywhere. :(

#26     Apr 20, 2013
  7. Mercor

Mercor

Who's to say it won't be a benefit to mankind.

Crop growing land will increase going North and South. Soybean production in Canada. All this will help feed more people.

Cold weather kills more people then warm weather.

So we lose a few miles along the coasts. Who lives there anyways? ...Democrats. The question is will the Liberals be smart enough to get away from the rising water. This hope is not good. They failed to leave New Orleans during Katrina.

#27     Apr 20, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

The fools would probably demand that the rest of us pay to build dikes. Just like New Orleans. Who's stupid enough to live below sea level on a hurricane prone coast? Democraps, that's who.

#28     Apr 20, 2013
  9. Gee, I guess all of the world's science organizations (and the Weather Channel) are wrong and you are right. Never mind that nothing, including the sun can account for the warming over the last forty or so years except for CO2.

#29     Apr 20, 2013
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Absolute nonsense. Apparently you have not been paying attention to the raw data. What part of CO2 lagging global temperature by 800 years do you fail to understand?

40 years from now 'global warming' will be viewed as a scientific fraud that was pulled over the eyes of society to force governments to provide billions of grant money to 'solve' a non-existent problem, and allow hedge fund operators like Al Gore get rich.

The same way that 'global cooling' from the 1970s is viewed today.

#30     Apr 20, 2013