It's Rough to Make a Living As a Pro Golfer on the Bar Circuit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by icarus618, Jul 6, 2012.

1. He's not too smart to draw attention to himself:

ST. CHARLES, Ill.—At a recent tournament, Graig Kinzler hit a golf ball into a mountain on the 15th hole of a course called Tundra Peak. With $2,000 at stake, he crossed his arms and looked as if he wanted to punch somebody.

"Was I worried? Yeah, I was worried," Mr. Kinzler said between games—held not at a country club, but on the dark second floor of a bar. "How could I not be?"

Mr. Kinzler goes to a bar to play golf every day. That's his job. He is one of about two dozen men around the country, mostly in their 30s and 40s, who make their living playing Golden Tee, the most popular cash videogame in the U.S. In a typical month, he plays about 600 games, competing against 49 other players at a time for a top prize of $10. He says he earned more than $50,000 last year.

[continued in link]

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rough-living-pro-golfer-bar-031400030.html

2. No word if Goldman Sachs has people in the backrooms honing their skills and will it be next quarter's 10-Q ??

3. This article is from the Wall Street Journal and good enough to make the Finance section of Yahoo but apparently it doesn't meet the high standards of Elite Trader's "Wall St. News." Now I've seen everything.

4. Max E.

Max E.

Nahhhh, They are too busy trying to figure out how to rig the game..... no time to waste on honing their skills in a misguided effort at actually playing it..... :D