It's OVER

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PohPoh, Nov 21, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

You can be sure that the auto companies will not have a plan ready by dec2.The market may have discounted that but when they announce another impasse it will crap out the markets i think.

Those incompetent ceo's are incredible.

#11     Nov 21, 2008
  2. i know that Buy....I dont think anyone can see the fundy's getting worse, hence the break of the 2003 low, and the 11 year low...
    But that can generally provide some support...lets see how the market handles some more bad news...
    Again, my view is mainly technical - while I see mid 300's for the S&P over the next 3-4 years (that's another 50% decline) I think it's very reasonable that we bounce here, maybe even as high as 1050-1100 over the next 6 months...
    What the catalyst will be, I dunno...
    BTW, I'm not even long, it's just a hunch...

#12     Nov 21, 2008
  3. Classy response asshole.

#13     Nov 21, 2008
  4. Straight to ignore

#14     Nov 21, 2008
  5. How do you solve a problem like MARIA...?

#15     Nov 21, 2008
  6. welp, I don't know if we capitulated yesterday, what with oppie expiration today, but it sure looked firm across the board. Equities, metals, energies.... Only the grains were ugly and that's kinda expected...

#16     Nov 21, 2008
  7. mid 300 you must be smoking crack. IF it hot that low i'm sure no one would be worrying about their money at that point that would be a great depression twice as bad as the great depression

#17     Nov 21, 2008
  8. piezoe

piezoe

That is not how markets work in the short run. They overshoot going one way or the other. Only on average over considerable time do they work as you have suggested.

Normally after such a market as we have been experiencing you might expect a lot of year-end selling for tax purposes and window dressing. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't see that by say the 3d week in December. We have just rallied off of strong support. Nothing too unusual about that.

#18     Nov 21, 2008
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Instead of these 1-2 sentence combos that aren't supported by a shred of logic or data, how about you either

1) Add some evidence for your claims

2) Or, if your work is some grand esoteric mystery (maybe Gann's secret Square of 10?), make some live, specific calls. You know: entry, target, stop.

These drive-by responses are getting really old.

#19     Nov 22, 2008
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

That's a worse-case scenario, but let's play with it.

The current earnings yield for the S&P 500 is a whopping 10.7% versus the 10-year Note yield of 3.20%. That's huge. However, it's likely earnings estimates will come down further.

If we cut earnings estimates in half, it's still 5.4% vs. 3.2%. From a valuation perspective, it's still better than anything we've seen in a long, long time.

Of course, fundamentals aren't useful in calling bottoms, but stocks only get more attractive vs. the 10-year the further they drop.

#20     Nov 22, 2008