It's Over, We're...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie Guitar, Feb 27, 2008.

1. ...Fucked, totally fucked.

This McCain rally today was the straw that broke the camel's (now don't flame me for saying camel) back.

As "out there" as radio personality Bill Cunningham is, his words today at McCain's rally were nothing for McCain to apologize for.
    McCain has lost the backbone I respected him for. Where's the freedom of speech that he fought for,was a POW for...He should have asked the reporter, who would not even say "Hussein", "What is his middle name?".

We're not allowed to say Barrack Hussein Obama? That IS his middle name. What's the effen problem?

[​IMG]

All the shit Letterman says about President Bush, and we can't say Barrack Hussein Obama's middle name?
    They beat the crap outta Romney for his religion, and we can't...
    All the disrespectful shit Jon Stewart says?

Let's have the same level of respect for everyone.

It's over, we are TOTALLY fucked.

The lightweight liberal is going to be the President.

In a country the size of the US, the best we could do is Hillary, Hussein, and a 71 year old guy.

The media does have super powers, they selected the candidates, and are going to make this guy Prez.

Jesus.

I guess it's old news, but this shit is like an ice cold bucket of water in the face.

2. you still haven't woken up. but at least you figured out the media chooses the candidates.

you're next assignment is to figure out that they also choose your enemies too.

3. The enemy is probably the white guy and SCOTUS.

4. TGregg

TGregg

IMO none of these jerks should even be in national politics, let alone contending for the highest office in the land. But that's our system. You have to be a power-hungry lunatic to survive long enough to have a shot at your party's nomination. No rational, capable person is going to do that - it's much easier to make an honest living.

5. This was classic McCain. You have to remember three things he hates are talk radio, conservatives and anyone daring to criticize a Senator. So he makes this over the top disavowal of a popular local talk radio guy who his campaign had invited to rev up the crowd.

McCain tried to score points with his base constituency, the liberal media, by praising his two opponents and trashing his supporters. He went out of his way to affirm the character, integrity and ethics of his two opponents.

“Whatever suggestion that was made that was any way disparaging to the integrity, character, honesty of either Senator Obama or Senator Clinton was wrong,” he said, “I condemn it, and if I have any responsibility, I will take the responsibility, and I apologize for it.” http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/mccain-repudiates-hussein-obama-remarks/

The Clintons have been attacked for two decades for corruption and ethics issues. Now they are apparently squeeky clean. Clinton herself attacked obama for his ties to a Chicago slumlord/influence peddler. McCain has now absolved him. And they wonder why conservatives don't want this guy?

He wasn't above lying about Romney's Iraq plan, but then Romney isn't a Senator so I guess that is acceptable. He didn't seem to mind whispering campaigns about Romney's religion. But using a candidate's middle name? Totally unacceptable.