It's Over Rick

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I think that Newt cheating on his cancer stricken wife was far more detrimental.

#11     Oct 27, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

I agree, he is by far the most well spoken in the debates, and you can tell that what he says is actually his own thoughts, not like Romney where everything seems very much rehearsed.

I wish that they had a seperate set of debates for the people who dont just want to watch political theatre, where the candidates actually went into full detail on economic discussions instead of just regurgitating the dumbed down talking points which are meant to be incredibly simple, so that it makes sense to the majority of voters. It would be so much better if you could watch the candidates go toe to toe in a debate on the economy which actually had meaning. I realize this is just a pipe dream but it would make the political process so much better if candidates actually went into different ideas in depth.

#12     Oct 27, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I agree. But most people are willing to let that go. At least pretend to forget about it. LOL.

#13     Oct 27, 2011
  4. P. J. O'Rourke Quotes

"The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it."

Seneca

#14     Oct 27, 2011
  5. Not a chance. Women hate Newt. He just has zero appeal to them, even without the incidents with cheating on multiple wives.

This is a guy who demonstrated his judgment not only by carrying on an affair when he was Speaker and thereby exposing himself to blackmail from Clinton, but also by making a global warming ad with pelosi and running up a huge bill at Tiffany's. He's interesting but not presidential material.

#15     Oct 27, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Oh shit yeah, I forgot about THAT little skeleton.

#16     Oct 27, 2011
  7. You already said you would vote for Newt. Look for him to grab the Ham and Cheese party nomination.

#17     Oct 27, 2011
  8. Well, the competition isn't exactly of the highest caliber. Whatever your political leanings are, you must admit that this slate of candidates is one of the most florid and motlley in history. When Bachmann goes off script and extemporizes, she sounds like she dropped acid that day. Rick Perry makes George Bush look like Einstein. Ron Paul
    just presses one theme to the point monomania, shrink the Federal Govt to levels last seen pre-1900. Herman Cain chants "999" endlessly. Romney at least can make coherent statements,
    if you don't fall asleep listening to him. The only soberminded person is the guy from Utah and he can't rise above the din and ruckus of the bozos he is on stage with. And Newt has become a loose cannon, politicking for some other venue than the Oval Office.

God bless America for the last 235 years. Now I wonder if we should ask God save America.

#18     Oct 27, 2011
  9. jem

jem

I would like to see Gingrich as President also. He made congress work for a few years with his contract for america.

#19     Oct 27, 2011
  10. Max E.

Max E.

I agree that the whole field is basically a bunch of tools, the one i hated the worst was that goober Tim Pawlenty, Him and Santorum just seem like weasels.

Bachmann and Perry are both crazy, though Bachmann is much smarter then Perry, he has to be the dumbest one in the field.

The people i would love to hear sit down and have an actual debate based on substance as opposed to talking points would be Romney (even though he seems contrived), Gingrich, Huntsman, and Ron Paul. Also i would love to see Gary Johnson join in if they were actually going to have an in depth debate, that wasnt just based on talking points.

I still don't know what to make of Cain. I don't think Cain is necessarily dumb, as he made it in the private sector, I just think that he obviously doesn't know much about politics.

#20     Oct 27, 2011