It's over for the democrats, Nader is running!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 20, 2004.

1. First, why bring up Al Gore?

Second. Why haven't more real living people come forward to support GW's claim that he was there? Surely he interacted with someone? For goodness sakes, you would think the liquor stores and bars would have gotten to know him, if not the local cocaine dealer.

Thirdly, why is it necessary to defend GW by attacking Kerry?

#51     Feb 25, 2004
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Only someone who has never been in combat would ever say something like that; for a normally clear-headed thinker you've embarrassed yourself again AAA. Was Rush Limbaugh, who has never been in combat, the inspiration for that statement? Ann Coulter?

We have a completely different recollection of the Dole/Clinton run, for all I remember is the total respect paid to Bob Dole for his war injuries. He was reluctant to "use" them in the campaign but did so towards the end when it was clear he was losing.

#52     Feb 25, 2004
  3. I agree Mag.....Im not voting for Kerry but i respect his service to our country....I also respect Gore's and Bush's and anybody else who enlists in ANY capacity.....its still more then I or most anyone here on this board has done.

#53     Feb 25, 2004
  4. Hmm. You are not voting for Kerry?

So you have ALL the facts? No need to pay attention to what is said or done between now and November?

Is this an approach you suggest for others, to keep a closed mind?

#54     Feb 25, 2004
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

That's a tricky one as I probably won't vote for Kerry either (assuming he's the nominee). The man is no babe-in-the-woods, has a clear track record over a few decades, and having been thru far too many presidential campaigns I've long since given up believing what either candidate says or promises from March to November. Remember how heavily Bush campaigned as the Compassionate Conservative, the Unifier who was so adept at working with Democrats? Yuk, yuk. I'm sure Kerry will assume a centrist personna and make similar ridiculous pledges.

#55     Feb 25, 2004
  6. Dear God, man! This is great stuff! :D :D :D

Priceless!

I am gonna use this!

#56     Feb 25, 2004
  7. i'm sure there's some dirty stuff on kerry that will come out in the next 6 mos to bolster TM's opinion...:D

#57     Feb 25, 2004
  8. That may be true, but why decide now?

I can understand someone saying "I will probably vote for so and so" but to say definitively right now who you would vote for is closed mindedness and/or purely partisan.

So much can change between now and November.

Hell, we don't even know who the VP candidates are yet.

#58     Feb 25, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

ART, are you saying that you might vote for Bush? Be honest. Would you vote for him in November?

#59     Feb 25, 2004
  10. I have said before that if Dean were the nominee, I might vote for Bush.

I have not made up my mind at this point, although I probably will vote against Bush.

#60     Feb 25, 2004