It's over for the democrats, Nader is running!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Looks like
    Nader is employed by the Reps to help them win the elections..

#41     Feb 23, 2004
  2. Dont forget also that OBL will officially be caught right before elections. He is now been kept on ice ,,,,,rumor has it ;)

#42     Feb 23, 2004
  3. RUMOR....what does that mean?

I heard Aphie and GG are going to be drafted at the Republican Convention (Aphie on top, GG as VP) because the RNC has decided that GWB is too vulnerable now, so they want a stronger ticket.

I am not 100% positive if this is true or not. But that's the "rumor" I heard.

:confused:

Peace,
    :)RS

#43     Feb 23, 2004
  4. Yep Rumor is a very dirty word is it not:D

#44     Feb 24, 2004
  5. The real problem is that rumors account for perhaps the majority of issues that are brought to the attention of voters during political campaigns. And if not "rumor" by definition, then the distortion of facts. Sometimes by outright deception (Kerry/Fonda photograph as a recent example), or by innuendo (Bush not serving his Guard duty).

Certainly we have read here from "liberals" that "conservatives" have a corner on the market of dirty politics. And from "conservatives" we hear the exact opposite.

Of course the truth is, as always, that the game is generally played following the same rules. Tit for tat.

Saw a dumb movie this past weekend (Mooseport). Highly NOT recommended. Was a "comedy" in which an ex President (Gene Hackman) runs for mayor of a small town against the local hardware store owner (Ray Romano). The movie sucked, but was a fine microcosm of the kind of things we see happen in political campaigns. "You play dirty, I will play dirtier". Happens all the time.

And like in real life, in this movie, it was really the people advising the candidates that made the whole thing "dirty".

As much as I despised Nixon, I never really believed he had prior knowledge about Watergate. His "loyal subordinates" came up with the brilliant idea of cheating in an election he was sure to win by a landslide (as he did). People are strange. Ambition invites corruption.

Peace,
    :)RS

#45     Feb 24, 2004
  6. That would be the other word for politics would it not.

Politics -Corruption- lies...all belond together....I am a bit cynic about politicians.

#46     Feb 24, 2004

7. Yeah, I agree it's pretty much over for the Dems if Nader does actually run. Too bad for us, I guess.

As much as I hate Bush, I will strongly fear for my personal safety if Bush is re-elected. The chances of a dirty nuke or other catastrophic terrorist event are frighteningly high if Bush gets re-elected.

#47     Feb 25, 2004
  8. Do you remember a time when for most of America what Walter Cronkite or Edward R. Murrow told listeners and viewers was taken as factual reporting without question of bias?

I see one major problem with the information/disinformation process that is out of hand these days came when those who reported news were asked their opinions on what the news means. A good reporter would never respond to a question of their opinion on the news of the day----THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONE!!!

Jay Leno is more real than all of these media types, as he pokes fun at all politicians. Everyone is poked fun of, left, right, middle, top and bottom.

Jay Leno for President?

Seriously, who does America trust for objective reporting?

Fox? CNN? CBS?

What is fiction, what is fact, who can be trusted?

None are objective, and all are slaves of the corporations who own them. Their bottom line is $$$. That is the ultimate bias.

We have this love/hate relationship, trust/distrust relationship with who we see on the tube. On one hand, they have instant credibility by virtue of the celebrity of appearing on TV, and at the same time they carry instant distrust by virtue of "acting" on TV.

We hear point/counterpoint all the time, but who is the moderator who is confirming fact?

Who is checking the facts?

Who confirms the records of Bush's Guard career are accurate and not doctored?

It is much harder these days, and require more critical thinking to ascertain what we think is true.

#48     Feb 25, 2004
  9. ART,

That Bush National Guard story is getting embarrassing. Now the spin is how do we know someone didn't alter the records? That's why it's a mistake to even respond to these slimy accusations. No proof is ever adequate.

At least we know for sure that John Kerry spent 5 whole months in Vietnam, less even than Al Gore, got a couple of scratches that most grunts wouldn't even have noticed, used them to come home and start trashing his fellow vets, got out of the Navy 6 months early to run for congress( gosh, how many other people got that deal?) and now seems to actually think that he is immune from criticism for a 15 year voting record of supporting nutty leftwing causes.

Funny, the Democrats and media didn't extend that courtesy to Bob Dole, an authentic war hero with the crippling injuries to prove it, or Bush Sr. who as a kid had a dive bomber shot out from under him over the Pacific. As I recall, everyone was kind of embarrassed that Dole thought people might appreciate his service.

#49     Feb 25, 2004

10. gotta diagree with you there AAA...you know i usually agree with you....but a bullet is a bullet....just because it scratches you doesn't dismiss the fact that you were in harms way.....most would rather be on Nat. gaurd duty or reserves or in Canada then dodging bullets...Kerry has earned the right to walk the walk and talk the talk

#50     Feb 25, 2004