It's On: W Slams O

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Can you anti-Bush people make up your minds? We have one group that says that Bush let the market run wild, we have another group that says Bush had too much government intervention, whats the deal. Both cannot be true, that is unless you are a democrat and make baseless claims that no one ever calls you on.

As far as hypocrisy is concerned, look no further than BO.

#11     Jun 18, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

#12     Jun 18, 2009
  3. Both are true.

The lack of regulation of CDSs and other derivatives contributed in large part to the meltdown (I won't blame Bush singularly for that, because that would be foolhardy), and the response to the meltdown was Paulson-Bernanke I, which spawned the original 780 billion dollar legislation and TARP, and all that TARP spawned, which Bush stamped.

Bush allowed for the Federal Reserve and Treasury to commandeer the markets and take the free out of them, and run interference for investors and normal market mechanisms. This led to capital injections at banks and other financial institutions, and even arranged marriages of entities.

#13     Jun 18, 2009
  4. #14     Jun 18, 2009
  5. Bush's comments.... very much, "do as I say, not as I do".

He overspent the public's money by the greatest amount in history prior to Obama.

#15     Jun 18, 2009
  6. Not really surprising to me because Obama voters want somethng for nothng which is what the losers on this board expect out of the markets.

#16     Jun 18, 2009
  7. LOL That cartoon is hilarious because it's true. I see alot of BO supporters, although his popularity is quickly dwindling due to the protectionist clause in your government's stimulus. It was shocking to me how some Canadians continued to support him during the campaign even after he suggested altering NAFTA.

Beefing up security on the Canada/USA border is also hurting the relationship between our two countries. A few years ago I could cross the border into Detroit with a driver's liscence, and an explanation as to why I was travelling. Now I require a passport and a full rectal exam.

#17     Jun 18, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oooo... be careful there, there are a lot of gay men in Canada.
    :eek:

#18     Jun 18, 2009
  9. You've got to be kidding . . .

There are no REAL TRADERS here, just a bunch of pantywaist "paper-traders" such as yourself that might pull the trigger on 100 shares every now and then in their IRA.

#19     Jun 18, 2009
  10. True.

Bush, Paulson, Bernanke, Phil Gramm, and Christopher Cox did just about everything that you could ever imagine to take away the word FREE in free-markets.

It's rather comical that all of the Bush "Kool-Aid" drinkers are unable to see this. But then again, ET is littered with college kids that fantasize about trading for a hedge-fund once out of school and highly ignorant souls living at home on disability with nothing other than ET to make their lives seem "important".

I wonder if Baron actually presents any metrics of value to his current and potential advertisers . . . other than web "hits".

What a joke this place has become.

#20     Jun 18, 2009