It's official the economy has turned......

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

"Record-breaking Month at Los Angeles

(International Freighting Weekly)

"Busiest U.S. container port handles volumes not seen since global boom of 2007

"The port of Los Angeles has reported its best January since the recession, moving more cargo containers than all but eight other U.S. ports usually move in an entire year. The trade numbers from San Pedro Harbor also showed the increasing importance of exports at Los Angeles and its neighbouring port of Long Beach, which rank first and second in the U.S. for container cargo. Major factors, say analysts, was the ports’ success in attracting customers that ship goods overseas and. The weak U.S. dollar also made domestic goods more affordable to non-U.S. buyers.

"January was the best month on record for Los Angeles as the port handled 698,715 containers, an increase of more than 38,000 on a year earlier. Imports were up just over 5%, but the bigger percentage increase came in exports, which rose by nearly 6% to 168,427 containers.

"The port’s performance in January broke a five-year-old record set during the height of a global economic boom, in 2007, when 691,602 containers passed through. Back then, only 124,433 were exported.

"Port officials said they were surprised by the strength of the numbers. “This past month took us a little bit by surprise,” said Katherine McDermott, Deputy Executive Director for business development, “but it’s obviously a very nice surprise. We had been forecasting conservatively for a 2-3% increase in cargo volumes in 2012.” She said, however, there were too many uncertainties about the economy to predict that the rest of 2012 would be as strong as January."

#51     Feb 17, 2012
  2. jem

jem

#52     Feb 17, 2012
  3. Good Analysis, Max.

The shadow inventory, existing inventory, etc, etc are enormous.

Ten years IF we don't fall into any number of land mines in the interim. People have to remember that we're working on so many rounds of quant easing and inflationary monetary policy that NOBODY knows how the hell this will turn out in the next few years.

#53     Feb 17, 2012
  4. :D

Hilarious. RCG has turned into more of uber-shill than the welfare queenie, AK47.

#54     Feb 17, 2012
  5. OK, what is the lower high called ?

#55     Feb 17, 2012
  6. Consolidation. Nice work there Hombre, I was expecting this post. Again, all Obama needs with this motley crew( sorry to fans of motley crew, as they are a very good band), is to hold steady.

#56     Feb 17, 2012
  7. Bookmark it denner, and I will see you in Novemberrrrr:D

#57     Feb 17, 2012
  8. You might be right on Obama. I would substitute the " motley crew" with a "clown show " just out of respect for the band.

#58     Feb 17, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

You're leaving until November? Then you'll just be back to renounce your RCG username when Obama sinks into the sunset? Sounds good to me! :D

#59     Feb 17, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I can see I didn't really miss anything today.

RCG makes another one of his ridiculous baseless claims and then is subsequently eviscerated with the facts.

Facts he naturally refuses to acknowledge.

#60     Feb 17, 2012