It's official the economy has turned......

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Little bit better analysis on a housing bottom:The Housing Bottom is Here

I noticed that in '05-'06, the standard 8'X4'X1/2' drywall board was about $12 a board, maybe a little higher. In '10 it was about $5 a board. Now, it's $8.50 a board. So there is demand at least for fixing up/renovating but give it time, things are turning overall.

Does anyone know if we're still in Phil Gramm's "Mental Recession?"

#21     Feb 17, 2012
  2. Did you try that new light weight s/r? That's stuff is great.Me and my 15 year old daughter had to s/r/ several ceiling and it saved wear and tear on her head. :D She's holding this stuff up on one end using her head standing on a chair.

#22     Feb 17, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Good stuff. I think the boomers are also putting downward pressure on the housing market, having been warned for at least 15 years that their sheer numbers were going to crash prices, by cashing out for retirement now. I suspect a large slice is going into condos.

#23     Feb 17, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Captain Google strikes again.

But...

[​IMG]

#24     Feb 17, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

No that analysts comments are worth much, but i got a good chuckle out of the timing....because of this thread.....

NVR
    LEN
    KBH
    DHI

All downgraded this morning.... Housing is "rolling along"..... :D

#25     Feb 17, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You should get out more (than zerohedge), it's a big internet. But, you'd need a search engine to navigate it.

Anyway, sales are up. We're in a hole, but we're climbing out of it. That is what's going to matter to the voting public.

#26     Feb 17, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I read far, far more than you could possibly comprehend, so please don't go there. You could always try to refute the data instead of insulting the source, notice you did not do that.

As for what will matter most to voters come election, please allow me to correct you once again with this link:

http://www.cx-portal.com/wti/oil_en.html

Have a happy day.

#27     Feb 17, 2012
  8. If you had a brain you would have been buying stocks like CX, USG and PHM last fall.

#28     Feb 17, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

If you had a brain you would have bought BVSN on january 4, and sold it at the peak on January 24.....

Hindsight trading is for rockstars..... :D

#29     Feb 17, 2012
  10. Hindsight for you, not me. You're the one fixated with looking in the rear view mirror.

#30     Feb 17, 2012