Its official, Palin Rocks!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Who is the second most, the third most, fourth most, etc.

Let's see a list of the top ten.

#31     Sep 4, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO: Obama Campaign Struggles With Gerbil-Gate Scandal

"WASHINGTON (AP) - Barack Obama today is reeling from accusations that the Democratic presidential hopeful habitually indulges in the peculiar fetish of dressing gerbils in lederhosen. Spokesmen for the campaign deny the accusation.

"This is the craziest thing I've ever heard," said Obama spokesman Bill Burton. "Mr. Obama is a respected Senator and has never - I repeat, NEVER - forced any domesticated rodent to don festive Bavarian attire."

In his book, "Dreams from My Father", Obama did admit to having once dressed a kitten in a tutu, but dismissed the incident as "youthful experimentation" which did not continue into his adult years.

Some, however, believe that Obama's forays into the seamy world of mammalian fashionalia was not put away with his childhood toys. David Freddoso noted in his book, "The Case Against Barack Obama", that many of Obama's adult associates were animal-dressers. "Unrepentant domestic terrorist William Ayers - ferrets in fezzes... Black liberation theologist Reverend Jeremiah Wright - white cats in Klan hats... Money-laundering political influence peddler Tony Rezko - badgers in burkas... with friends like these to help him feel 'normal', Obama's oft-disclaimed penchant for putting gerbils in lederhosen seemed a natural outlet for relieving the tension of the campaign trail."

Obama neighbor and dangerously crazed extreme right-wing cartoonist Chris Muir claims to be an eye-witness to Obama's bestial haberdashery. "I was rooting through Barack's garbage, hoping to find some old pizza crusts or something - web cartooning don't pay squat, and I was SO hungry - when this little rat-thing runs squeaking across the lawn like something out of the Stephen King version of 'The Sound of Music'. I got my camera and snapped a picture. I'll trade it to ya for some Ramen noodles. I'm SO hungry."

Burton claims the picture is a fake. "You call this proof? This isn't even a GOOD fake! Look at this thing! The lederhosen are DRAWN on! What kind of pathetically retarded moron would believe this is real?"

MoveOn.org spokesman Adam Green announced that his organization has started a petition to have Obama removed from the Democratic presidential ticket and replaced by Hillary Clinton. "We can't condone the forced costuming of subservient companion animals," said Green. "When Hillary used to make Bill dress up as Little Bo Peep, at least it was consensual.""

:) :) :)

#32     Sep 4, 2008
  3. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO: Pass the Desitin, my butt is chapped

"The condescension coming from the left and/or the media (it's hard to tell which is which) about Sarah Palin simply reading a speech has me ready to go shoot a moose and eat it tartar in response. That was the first thing Mort Kondracke said last night after she had delivered her zing-filled, zesty speech: that of course, she didn't write it, but she did a great job reading it. At least one other pundit on the Fox roundtable touched on her not writing the speech, before Brit Hume finally asked if that were fair to point out that she didn't write her speech. After all, he pointed out, all politicians have speech writers, and all politicians read the speeches that someone else wrote.

I mean, Duh. Do you think Barack wrote his rhetoric-filled speech full of fluff? Right. Get back to me when Barack makes up a sentence composed of five words or more, and he can't have used the words hope or change anywhere in the sentence. I won't hold my breath.

Mark Halperin gives her an A+ on last night's speech. Then he condescends. "She read the teleprompter like a champ, with fine, varied pacing and conversational projection." Read the teleprompter like a champ? Cram it, loser. You wouldn't say such things if she were an old Washington insider or a man from the Ivy Leagues. You'd talk about what an amazing speech she gave, and no one would speak of teleprompters and the great ability to read something someone else wrote."

:) :) :)

#33     Sep 4, 2008
  4. other than your normal bigotry that you show on this site for anything not christian and white why would you automatically reject every thing obama says but readily believe what the repubs tell you?

#34     Sep 4, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

6. Evidently the teleprompter didn't work last night.

OldTrader

#36     Sep 4, 2008
  7. Yannis

Yannis

In other words, whoever doesn't support Obama is a racist fanatic... is that what you mean? That's been the war cry of the liberal elite. Sorry, but I, and millions others, find it not only profoundly objectionable but, mainly, utterly absurd. :(

#37     Sep 4, 2008
  8. no but we have pages of evidence on this site that aaa is pretty much a bigot.
    just wondering why you koolaid drinkers eat up what the repub tell you even after eight years of evidence that they will not perform yet automatically reject anything obama says?

#38     Sep 4, 2008
  9. Yannis

Yannis

Perhaps because from our perspective the last 8 years have been pretty good in terms of economy overall, national security, and social reform. In addition, when I look at both McCain and Obama, I'm impressed by the former because of his accomplishments, and feel concerned about the latter because of his inexperience. Not to mention that I'm paying too much in taxes (above 50% across the board) and the prospect of adding to that repulses me. I know you disagree, but we have different perspectives. Yet, I'm neither a racist nor a religious fanatic, just an Independent who's currently leaning towards the Republican ticket.

#39     Sep 4, 2008
  10. A STAR IS BORN

By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN

Published in the The New York Post on September 4, 2008

PALIN: NEW KIND OF WOMAN POL

ST. PAUL

With sass and wit, sarcasm and sincerity, courage and strength, Sarah Palin last night showed us a new model of female politician.

Her family stories were genuine and real. Her commitment to special-needs children was moving. Her contempt for special interests was obvious.

And her putdowns of Barack Obama's rhetoric and her praise of John McCain's character and achievements were welcome and well delivered.

Many women look bad when they attack their opponents, too often seeming strident and shrill. But Palin was funny and irreverant, with a biting wit and a joy of combat that was exhilarating to watch.

Sometimes she reminded us of the hockey mom she is. Other times, she was an American Margaret Thatcher - mobilizing humor and biting satire to mock the opposition.

Where Hillary Clinton has but two speeds - full forward and stop - Palin displayed a range of rhetoric, emotion and language that sometimes evoked moving patriotism, at other times hilarious irony - and, frequently, a strong dose of common sense.

If her style in attacking and mocking her opponent was Thatcher-esque, her range of rhetorical style was Rooseveltian. She is, in fact, one of the best public speakers in our politics today.

Now the Democrats are stuck in a trap. They've demeaned, patronized and smeared a woman who's well on her way to becoming very, very popular. Her speech will create legions of fans; the Democratic smears of the last few days will create, for Obama, legions of enemies.

This man who dedicated two years to stopping a woman from being president now has to answer for spending two months stopping one from becoming vice president - a task he hopes to accomplish using women's votes.

Remember: The swing vote in this election are single moms. Just as the soccer moms dominated in 1996 and security moms in 2004, now unmarried women, mostly with children, will determine the outcome of the 2008 race. And they're finding in Sarah Palin an advocate whose life isn't far different from their own and whose priorities mirror theirs'.

As withering in her contempt for the country-club elites of the Republican establishment as for the pandering of the Democrats, Palin stands in stark contrast to the inherited elitism of the Bushes, the Romneys and the Kennedys. She's a woman of the people.

Was this a Republican attacking big oil? Was it the nominee for vice president of a major party who laced into earmarks and lobbyists and PACs? Yes it was - and how refreshing!

In her sincere embrace of her family and her nonjudgmental introduction of her pregnant daughter, Palin won the hearts of many single moms. By evoking life in a modest, middle-class town, she established an empathy with voters akin to what Bill Clinton built when he ate at McDonalds'.

How are the Democrats to live down their assaults on Sarah? How not to seem the enemies of the very voters they have to get?

Strategically, Palin achieved the convention's core goal - to show how McCain is not a clone of George Bush, but a man of the people eager for change and demanding of reforms.

Now the gap between Obama and McCain is not so wide. Now it is clear that they both stand for change.

So now the fear of a naive and untried Obama leading the nation through perilous times at home and abroad can work to drive voters over the narrower synapse and get them to vote for McCain.

Mission accomplished, Sarah.

DEMS POUNCE TOO SOON

By DICK MORRIS

Published on TheHill.com on September 3, 2008

When you are smearing a politician, make sure you wait until after they have given their introductory speech to the nation. If you strike before, she will wipe you out with her speech and you will be embarrassed by your accusations. That’s the lesson the Democrats are likely learning this morning.

The two other attempts to destroy a vice presidential candidate -- Eagleton in ‘72 and Ferraro in ‘84 -- both revved up after they had spoken at their convention. Revelations of Eagleton’s psychiatric treatment, in patient, at a mental hospital surfaced after the convention was over as did charges against Geraldine Ferraro’s husband and the demand for a release of their tax returns. But Palin’s accusers struck too soon -- right after her candidacy was announced. Their hair trigger response was to throw everything they could at the nominee as fast as they could dish it out.

Go to DickMorris.com to read the rest of this column!

#40     Sep 4, 2008