It's Official now! Welcome to Communist America, Comrade!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 22, 2009.

1. I admit I am ignorant when it comes to religion. I have never been to church in my life. What is the difference between being religious and Christian?

#11     Jun 22, 2009
  2. And creationism is illogical.

#12     Jun 22, 2009
  3. its funny that someone as ignorant about science as you are would be calling for less education.

#13     Jun 22, 2009
  4. Greatest speech ever.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

#14     Jun 22, 2009
  5. piezoe

piezoe

The drug companies are doing the capitalist thing which is to maximize profits. You can't have it both ways. The reason Medicare can't negotiate on prices is because the drug companies were expert in influencing the US Senate. They do this in (mostly) legal ways. If you don't want them to do this, and that would be against capitalism, you will have to support an overhaul of the First Amendment to the US Constitution. It was primarily the Republicans in the US Senate that inserted into the Medicare part D bill that "drugs will be bought at list price". You should not criticize the drug companies, unless you are not a capitalist. Your grip should be with your Republican Senators.

#15     Jun 22, 2009
  6. The 52% of Americans who voted for Obama..... if they saw this, they'd go, "huh"?

#16     Jun 22, 2009
  7. Religious argments won't get us where we want to be.
    We want our country back, and the only way to do that is start a petition calling for the vacating of all presently held seats in Congress and the White House.
    Then we'll need a Constitutional Convention for term limits, abolishment of the IRS and the Fed., etc etc.

So far the only problem is the petition drive.

#17     Jun 22, 2009
  8. pspr

pspr

I feel sorry for individuals who have not taken the time to investigate the evidence. Maybe you are young and haven't felt the urge to discover what may be possible and what is the obvious conclusion based on human experience.

Many are called but few will answer and find anything other than eternal blackness at the end of this life.

#18     Jun 22, 2009
  9. I'm with you man....don't listen to these liberals. Next thing we know they will start claiming that the earth revolves around the sun or something crazy like the earth is NOT flat. Church (or any religious organization) has never lied to the people.

#19     Jun 22, 2009
  10. piezoe

piezoe

We all ready have term limits! A President, Senator, or Representative must be re-elected to serve again. We do need an overhaul of the First Amendment however, as this is the amendment that is preventing meaningful campaign financing reform. Probably the US would benefit from tearing up its obsolescent constitution and starting over, that is so long as Federal employees were barred from participating in the process. :D

#20     Jun 22, 2009