It's Obama HOT!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I'll tell you the real funny part. He posts a chart of temps going up and down over centuries and more, but doesn't think it could be warming this century because... it's not warm in his town.

#51     Jul 25, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Its possible to believe the earth is warming, but not believe it is warming in a way which is as extreme as some of the Tree Huggers would have you believe. If one was to listen to Al Gore too much, they would probably come to the conclusion that the earth is going to be hotter then the sun in the next couple hundred years, the way that some of these environmentalist nuts talk, you would think that is precisely what they actually believe.

#52     Jul 25, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I did not intend to say the records were extreme. Most of them are only a degree or two higher.

#53     Jul 25, 2011
  4. You said they were records.

#54     Jul 25, 2011
  5. I already told you what I believe. Don't be all pissy because I pinned you in a corner with your false information.

And speaking of that historical chart, you never replied to how man reversed the warming on it? That's what this whole hysteria is all about, what can man (government) do to save us from starting on fire?

History has the answers. What did man do?

#55     Jul 25, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Exsqueeze me...Does anyone, besides me, believe that we have better science today than we did in 1400?

#56     Jul 25, 2011
  7. What's science got to do with it? This is a political argument.

Seneca

#57     Jul 25, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

You're making an assumption that what caused warming in the past is necessarily what's causing it now, and then making a joke based on it. But is your assumption correct? Your question is nonsense if things are different now from what they were. The possibility they are different is cause for prudence if nothing else.

My information was false, I'll admit. But since the warming streak is predicted to return later this week, I see no reason to believe July won't be hotter than ever. June was.

#58     Jul 25, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

LOL---Dat's a good one.

#59     Jul 25, 2011
  10. And you're making the assumption that what's causing it today is not what caused it in the past.

I'm not making a joke, I'm asking a serious question because this whole debate hinges on what man can do to reverse it. Seeing as it reversed as many times as it did historically, what caused those reversals? The fact that not one global warming fanboy will address this tells us a lot. I think Obama would say, "don't call my bluff".

Thank you for admitting the false info.

#60     Jul 25, 2011