Its NOW !!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jokepie, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Cheese

Cheese

Tolle's 'Now' is an illuminating notion; no doubt of that.

However as we say "now" it has moved into the past. If we say "the present" it too has moved into the past. In fact we never have either the present or the future. We live at the front of the past continuously. That is our fixed position in time

Take any day and lets say you are enjoying it. That is only as you recall it as you go, whether you are thinking of 10 microseconds ago or 10 minutes ago.
    :)

#11     May 11, 2011
  2. jokepie

jokepie

If you think about it like this.

Now is Now. DO not think of the Past or imagine what the future is going to be. If we do things right at this very moment. When this becomes the Past - we have a good past now. And because our positive actions now - our future has th potential to be great as well.

Back in the day when i read this book, same day i bought flowers for my girl... and u can guess the past that i made was preety fantastic leading to a good future... ;)

In all seriousness... it just helped me to focus on one chart - price action and I was able to suppress the noise in the head.... pnl, bills, last trade, monthly progress... MACD ... heheh

I feel in the books like these, we can always find something that can improve some aspect of our life. if it doesn't its not a waste at all.

#12     May 12, 2011
  3. scherlok

scherlok

4. NoDoji

NoDoji

JP, I got this book from the library and currently reading it. Well, not right NOW. But when I read it, it's NOW :cool:

Thanks much for the recommendation!

#14     May 19, 2011
  5. yes. i can relate. market analysis can be spot on but until you learn how to execute properly you'll go nowhere.

#15     May 19, 2011
  6. jokepie

jokepie

Ur welcome man.

#16     May 19, 2011