It's Not What You Know, It's Who You Know

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Unless you kill someone a regular guy will get several chances before they spend anytime in jail. If white and clean cut that helps. It starts out first offense is negotiated down or charges dropped. Next time same thing, maybe a fine and plea to a misdemeanor and then all the get out of jail cards free are used up. Even then a kid from a wealthy prominent businessman might be get another shot. That's the way it works in Texas but our prisons are full it may be different in other states.

#11     Oct 7, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well...if your prisons are full. Seems to me either that's NOT the way it works in Texas, you don't have too many "white and clean cut" guys in Texas, or you have one hell of a lot of repeat offenders in Texas.

#12     Oct 8, 2012
  3. Many times you just don't get the point Lucrum.

#13     Oct 8, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Your lack of articulation, or something else maybe?

#14     Oct 8, 2012
  5. LOL you're right I think it was me being too wordy again, sorry man.

#15     Oct 8, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

ICE defends letting Vargas go with this statement:

“Mr. Vargas was not arrested by ICE, nor did the agency issue a detainer,” said ICE spokeswoman Gillian Christensen in a statement. “ICE is focused on smart, effective immigration enforcement that prioritizes the removal of public safety threats, recent border crossers and egregious immigration law violators, such as those who have been previously removed from the United States.”

I guess by hiding out for years as an illegal and using a fraudulent drivers license isn't egregious. Did they even check the social security number he is using? It's probably stolen, too.

Besides, since when did the people authorize ICE not to deport any illegal immigrant in custody?

#16     Oct 8, 2012