It's not "practice, practice, practice" but deliberate practice

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nitro, May 3, 2012.

1. This is a collective response.

Reading the various posts is very worthwhile; it enables a person to get a perspective.

After I worked at my first job and began the trading, I wound up with a lot of time on my hands.

I remember when Ted Turner first appeared in the NE yacht racing circuit. He came north from the SORC contests. Plastic had largely replaced wooden designed boats and Ted had a Cal40 in his early days.

I handicapped for the NYYC and we all figured out the best racers used second hand sailboats they bought when rich racers up-graded.

Racing in deep water has two major dimensions: weather and water currents. I guess it is just like Super Trader saying he loves to look at charts. In racing, I liked to look at the weather and the water. Races that last only a few days also involve the consideration of the coastal tide tables.

My nick name was "Pixie" in those days. LOL...

So, in trading, is it theoretical or discretionary or just very pragmatic. In sailing, if there is another sailboat in view, there is a contest going on.

In trading there is no competition and, amazingly enough, it all comes down to, very thoroughly, deducing what the market does.

Markets are flawless, noiseless and have no anomalies. as paddler suggests, he hasn't gotten too far along the path. He still sees flaws, noise and anomalies.

To win in sail racing you have to finish first (including your sailboat's time adjusted for the handicap. A200 mile race can end within 6 or so minutes. I remember once crossing the line second within 6 minutes and the other sailboat had to give me 8 1/2 minutes. Both boats batteries were dead; none of us had dry colthes and we were all hungry since the dangers precluded cooking and eating most of the race.

I remember over 110 miles out our boats were on opposite tacks in 15 foot swells and we were both fully reefed in on every sail. for us we had life lines all around and no one was alowed foreward of the main mast. We both bore off and our sterns, by momentum, almost swerved into each other.

Wha is it like to make use of every data item the market provides? What is it like to equip yourself with a fully differentiated mind for the task?

It is the greatest sport and the most imaginable set of pleasures. So now Ted has 2,000,000 acres of farmland and wilderness which he stewards. Pretty woman is a song he lived.

What did make the noise become information instead? What was within an apparent flaw to others. What seems to always be "beating up" the untried minds who try to learn to trade?

The practice of looking at charts is definitely NOT the main event.

Building the mind is the main event. Reason is the machinery used.

So if you see flaws and noise and anomalies, what type of reasoning did you adopt which was a mistake made by you? you are using induction. this is a mistake and, nfortunately, "erasing" in the mind is not usually possible and never a likely resort to correct a mistake.

How did paddler draw that "theoratical pronouncement of his? He thought it up.

One of the most humorous choices for trading is the one minute chart.

we made a three column table to describe a cycle in a market. concurrently, there are about 7 fractals going on. I guess you could log all seven. But what would you be observing to do that?

Why does paddler see noise, flaws and anomalies? What do his logs look like?

when I meet a person and he says he is interested in getting to be very rich, I have just one suggestion. A beginner drill.

I have found that if a person fills in a three fractal log for five cycles of the slowest fractal, his mind has a framework within it upon which to integrate all other facts of how the market works. A have a typed up answer sheet as well as the blank five cycle pages which are easy to fill in.

If I email it, then it never gets done because the person does what is known as a "cut and paste" to save himself some time.

Few remember when Nitro wrongly accused me of cut and pasting a print of a Day's trading. For Nitro what I did was like Paddler's conclusion that what I suggest is just theoretical.

We spent over five years explaining what we do. The learning process was planned and organized to afford enough time for a person's mind to be built.

Take the weekend to figure out everything you need to know.

Put your trading fractal between a slower and a faster fractal. This alone eliminantes most of what paddler can't understand as yet.

Figure out how fast you want to do trades.

Look at all kinds of displays to get a bunch of leading indicators of price.

I began with an eighth and a share. Later I did a contract and a tick.

I couldn't trade round lots at the beginning in 1957, so I paid a penalty. There was no PC, no copier and no source of charts. I invented a chart and brownlined it at the blueprinting machine at IBM. I got the WSJ and saved the back page and put them between sticks of wood so I could backplot enough of a chart to begin to trade a new stock.

five years later I bought a toy called a yacht. fairfiled county bank and trust would only take stock as collateral for the sailboat. 100% collateral. I got a two year loan, principal only and paid it off with more than the sailboat cost as left over collateral which had more than doubled.

As a joke, for the last six months of the loan (25% of the time of the loan) I traded three consecutive listed stocks on the NYSE. Remember Bullard and Bullova (sp) watches. LOL. No one noticed at the bank.

A word on displays. The leading indicators of price come from an assortment of displays. There are some dummies still around who think various aspects of displays are lagging.

Quell that mistaken thinking for a moment. In trading, you can only use the mathematics that the market dictates. Most platform sellers and leasers do not know this. BUT you do.

We made a three column list. Each of the columns it told to you by the market. So write down the what, when, why and how you know each one of these things works.

Look at what you wrote that was just before the happening you wrote up. N is the happening and its leading indicator is the n-1 thingy. When you see the n-1, next you get the N thingy.

Rewrite what you wrote in the form of Boolean algebra. By honing in on the market's operation in the math of the market's, you get to be very very precise in terms of the Order Of Events.

lets say you have an IT type education or you took geometry in school. If you did, then make a flow chart of the circuits you wrote up. Then code it so it fills in a log for you. If you do not know the maths the market uses (Boolean algebra) then just take what you wrote and make columns of a log. You can keep track manually.

Blowinsky is one of the ET'ers who steals everything he can. Read how he stole the first flow chart of the beginner level of the cash cow. Also read his commitment to using Fidelity's mess of snippets. LOL Can you imagine what it would be like for him if he got the intermediate version of the cash cow. It was 170 pages long in a combo of text, charts. flow sheets and Excel scripts. we all know MACD is a lagging indicator. Wrong.

#31     May 11, 2012
  2. So I wake up with a hangover after a glorious Friday of debauchery and now the 'fuckery' that is 'Hershey-prose style' has hijacked this thread!

JH; welcome back and keep those glorious rants coming!

Peace & Blessings!

Archbishop Hedvig Von Dikkeman V

#32     May 12, 2012
  3. Paddler

Paddler

Just to let you know that I am using your methodology to trade. Surpise? Allow me to speak with some random thoughts.

I have no shame to say "I see flaws, noise anomalies". So am I a man of less character?

Jack, ask any of the guys learning your methodology including the intermediate and experts come out to tell me that he could trade without seeing flaws, noise and anomalies all the time. Let me have a chance to bow to them.

I still remember clearly years ago that a guy ehorn made my jaws dropped when he mentioned bravely that he held a temporary paper loss of 7 points per contract in a real trade. Why? I guess that he saw no flaws, no noise and no anomalies. My point is that I wish this would not happen to Ocean Boy as someone believing blindly that he is a Almighty Superman JHM Beginner in his trading. Unfortunately, it was too late for he told us he lost $40K. (Ocean Boy, you will make it back as long as you don't follow instructions blindly.)

I know most of the guys following you are still struggling with simple stuff like annotations for ages. No matter how many times you try to say "markets are flawless, noiseless and have no anomalies." They sense otherwise. I may be in much better shape than them as it does not happen to me too oftenly. Good thing that it makes me to respect the market and watch for the right side all the time.

I think you like to hear that I have accepted the nested three price move and four volume move pattern as the core of my understanding of market. Seriously, what is wrong to say the Pattern is theoretical? Is theoretical a dirty word? I was reminding Ocean Boy the Pattern is not obvious in many real-life cases and thus required cautious handling or else his trading could be in chaos. He understood what I mean completely. You don't.

You should feel glad that I do not take the Pattern as a myth. Many learning your methodology do. They can not reason through so they have to live with a lot of flaws, noise, anomalies in the market. Support them meaningfully if you are serious. Forget about nitro. He sees your Pattern as a crap. But you seem to be more keen to engage him. I mean anybody like him.

By the way, I don't use one-minute chart. See my reply to Ocean Boy's misunderstanding. I meant that minute-based charts could be problematic to apply your methodology. I am sure you know why. I like to include OTR. I find price should be read in pair and OTR contains good information. You can say I miss by a mile. Does not matter to me. I seek my own answer. I will "thought it up" as you suggested.

Have a good smile and a good weekend.

#33     May 12, 2012
  4. ocean5

ocean5

Hi Pad,it's me,James Belushi...

Would you be kind enough to bring an example of the case where you see anomalies and noise?My view of anomalies is when the market drops hard(Fukusima,Earthquackes,etc), and I see noise when it's less then 2-3 cents or one-two ticks.My guess is that Jack don't see anomalies and noise since he has ided everything that appears on the screen and has appropriate tools for that.I see that some of the data could be compressed.Maybe I'm wrong.

Cheers!

#34     May 12, 2012
  5. jem

jem

all you have to is trade when the fractal vibrates a quantum paired reversal and then you trade with the market until the pair reverses.

#35     May 12, 2012
  6. rtr1129

rtr1129

Why not entanglement reversal based on Gaussian quadrant pair breakout?

#36     May 12, 2012
  7. ocean5

ocean5

jem and rtr,cod you please post the charts of your examples?

Thank you

#37     May 12, 2012
  8. Paddler

Paddler

Deep Blue, it is me, the one who has not gone far on the path.

If you believe the market is flawless, noiseless, and has no anomalies, you have no need to CHEAT by staying on the right side. The order of events are cast in stone, period. You can take full offer from the market from your fixed or moving trading fractal whatever you like. You are in full support, comfort and confidence. You can use REVERSAL tool. When you see a FTT, you are sure it is a FTT and not later on turn into an OLD FTT replaced by a NEW FTT and another one again and again. You need not to cheat or take a temporary paper loss of 7 points per contract.

Let me give you another friendly advice that the appropriate tools you desire will not help you to see no flaw, no noise and no anomalies. They help you to carve turns, that is all.

No crap, no myth. The market is always right. Jack is not wrong but he is not always right. You are not him. You can't trade exactly like him or you will lose another $40K again. Trade with what suit you with your pocket and emotion. Use your brain to assess ideas from Jack and me or anyone.

Wish you the best with your fish.

#38     May 12, 2012
  9. I suspect he flogs unsuspecting victims with random accusations, hoping they will "prove" him wrong by posting their code.

If I gave him the four lines behind some of my small cap stalkers, I doubt he'd even thank me!

:D

#39     May 12, 2012
  10. ocean5

ocean5

THanks Pad,i hope you remember me...

I appreciate you help as a Jack`s ''surdo translator'' for me as,even though i do not consider myself as a complete numb chuk(maybe i`m though,who nose:D ),i often encounter translation difficulties as this one,for e.g.:

''Why not entanglement reversal based on Gaussian quadrant pair breakout?''

,due to English being not my native.

I just want some additional nuances from Jack at this point,to conrete the material and appreciate your help down the road!

Fkuck $40K!Jack`s writtings are worth more then that.I didn`t lose a dime since then,btw.

Sincerly yours, Garbhodaka!

#40     May 12, 2012