It's not about the fats, it's the sugar!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Overnight, Aug 3, 2019.

1. False. Keto is focused on limited carbs. People can go from 20-75 Net carbs daily with the carbs coming from Vegetables and Nuts. You are encouraged to eat 2 to 3 cups of veggies at two meals

It is NOT a Zero Carb diet and numerous books and studies have detailed this ad nauseum.

I just don't want you to make statements based on a false premise.

Some popular keto veggies are:

• Arugula
    • Asparagus
    • Avocado (technically a fruit ..:)
    • Bell pepper
    • Bok choy
    • Broccoli
    • Broccoli rabe
    • Cabbage
    • Cauliflower
    • Celery
    • Cucumber
    • Eggplant
    • Green beans
    • Kale
    • Kohlrabi
    • Mushrooms
    • Mustard greens
    • Radish
    • Spinach
    • Swiss chard
    • Sugar snap peas
    • Summer squash
    • Tomato
    • Watercress
    • Zucchini
    Fruits have a variety from really low net carbs to slightly higher net carbs for those who target higher net carbs. If your goal is less than 50 net carbs per day, then the following fruits and servings can easily be consumed.

upload_2019-9-12_13-33-34.png

#11     Sep 12, 2019
  2. Fair enough. But the critique refers to a number of false premises made in the video, not the least of which is pretty much equating whole grains with bad carbs. And when all is said and done, I'd rather go with the advice of an internal medicine physician than an anti-vaxxer chef. But, of course, to each his own. :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    #12     Sep 12, 2019
  3. Ah well it is a documentary, I don't take it nor do I offer it as full science.

There were some interesting things and case studies, like the girl with seizures and the autistic boy who could not speak well before changing the diet. The research on the affect of blood sugar on brain functions and links to Parkinson and Alzheimer is most enlightening but you only get that from hardcore science/nutrition sources (which I like to read). Not surprising the change in diet benefited the girl's seizures and had some positive affect on the boy though diet won't cure autism, it could ameliorate many symptoms which makes therapy more effective.

But since it is a movie for the masses I take half with a grain of salt and look to learn something different.

#13     Sep 12, 2019
  4. El OchoCinco, this one's for you:

#14     Sep 22, 2019