It's ILLEGAL to discuss LEH's troubles

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wilburbear, May 23, 2008.

1. I heard some of those rumors out of Europe concerning LEH. THEY ARE NOT TO BE REPEATED, AT ANY COST! THE FINANCIAL AUTHORITIES (SEC, etc.), WILL NOT ALLOW THIS VULNERABLE PORTRAYAL OF LEH'S PROBLEMS. SO DON'T EVEN TRY IT!

#12     May 26, 2008
  2. Interesting tell today. Einhorn was on CNBC, and the stock ticked up. You think that's a crowded trade??? If I had my druthers, I'd be long. But I hate these companies. So I don't trade them because of the emotion.

Fuld is not Allied Captial. Lil' Davie may have bit off a bit more than he 'll care to chew. Maybe we 're witnessing the end of Greenhorn, or Brownshoe, or what ever he calls that mess. Can we short it, spread rumors, and then go on Television and talk about it? Greenshoe Capital, that is?

#13     May 27, 2008
  3. My friend at lehman is wetting himself day in & day out that HR will drop him a msg he will be on the unemployment line.

#15     May 27, 2008
  4. And regarding Einhorn on CNBC, did you see Bartiromo? OMG is she on the Lehman payroll?

She was combative as hell against Einhorn and pretty much calling him a liar on his assertion of the dollar amount of CDO's on Lehman's books. She had no facts, numbers or detail as always. Einhorn was very professional and had his ducks in a row.

Einhorn has been down this path before with Allied Capital and he knows his s***. I'm half way through his new book.

Bartiromo was trying to skewer Einhorn for ratings points but came across as a complete buffoon.

The woman has no humility, a real embarassment to the industry.

#16     May 27, 2008
  5. Couldn't agree more. Felt badly for Einhorn, she certainly had a huge bug up her ass.

#17     May 27, 2008
  6. mokwit

mokwit

Can't have people going around insinuating that insolvent banks are insolvent.

As we all know the crisis was contained all along, if it even existed in the first place it is nearing its end and there is no recession. Also US has a strong dollar policy.

#18     May 28, 2008
  7. :(
    Get him to bust out the old Rolodex and start calling people :p

#19     May 28, 2008
  8. vince111

vince111

it's only illegal if the troubles are not true.a nd would be spreading misleading information

if it's true then why should it be illegal..it's listener beware.

buyer beware,.....nobody told these shareholders to own shaers and shareholders wouild no better than anyone e

#20     May 28, 2008