It's going down and it's going down hard.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LeonPhelps, May 10, 2007.

1. I love the talk of a "STOCK MARKET BUBBLE"!! YTD the Dow is up what? Like 5-6%? The people calling for an imploding bubble haven't seen any bubbles in their lifes yet. We need parabolic moves in the indexes sucking everybody and everything in before we get bubbles.

Bubble in MA? Probably! But what do I care? I am not buying out steel companies or REITS for $55 a share today when they traded at $15 just a few years ago. These guys have horrible timing doing their buyouts and they will feel the pain in a couple years.

If we see a 20% correction we'd be down 15% on the year. Where'd the institutions be going to move the money for that to happen? With relatively low interest rates, (still) OK earnings, housing not attracting new capital, commodities (gold/silver) not attracting new capital? Many of these guys have to be 100% invested so where are they going to put the money while they rotate between asset classes? Cash for 12 months until the "huge stock market bubble of 5% YTD" cools down? Tell me.

There is no place to hide for capital right now unless its cash and they can't stay in cash all year around.

Yes, we're due for a pullback but what I saw yesterday doesn't cause any panic on my side. Maybe Friday and Monday can change that but I have my doubts. Where's the big volume breakdown in leading stocks? AAPL? RIMM? GS? MA? That's what we'd need. I didn't see it yet.

#11     May 11, 2007
  2. Never fear. Bernanke will call in the plunge protection team just in time.

The market will never go down again. Ever.

It's just that a loaf of bread will be about $100 and a gallon of gas about $500.

#12     May 11, 2007

3. "We have a black hawk down, we have a black hawk down............"

Most international indices are ...overbought. Expect "news" over the weekend.
    Relative strength of an indice , does not correlate to actual strength in a basket.

#13     May 11, 2007
  4. I see. More advice from some money losing traders. Buy those dips!!!

#14     May 11, 2007
  5. Time to register for a new board nick isn't it michaelscott? After you blew up this one?

#15     May 11, 2007

6. Something to keep in mind, this expansion is the result of deficit spending. Its not like its organic growth from within.

#16     May 11, 2007
  7. stock trd3r you are showing how green you are again. Any gapup open would be sold and sold pretty hard, not exactly the perfect scenario for you margined to the hilt huh? You want a gap down open that gets bought back over the course of the day. I think that is the least likely to happen because joe and mary 12 pack have the "dip" they were looking for to get in. So we probably have a close that gets hit pretty hard imho.

#17     May 11, 2007
  8. I doubted Stock Trad3r before but so far he has been on the money. Credit for balls of steel when credit is due, cheers stock trad3r!

#18     May 11, 2007
  9. No sir. Im not going away and neither will I register for a new nick. I dont hide behind false names like some of you guys. I dont pretend to be someone Im not.

I have some strong opinions and if you dont like it then you will have to deal with it and kiss my ass.

Your just another money losing trader who hangs around on this board harassing others. If you want to harass me, then I will harass you right back. Actually, I'll just point at your 1040 and nothing more needs to be said.

Dont worry Im not going away and I'll be on your ass for the rest of the time Im here.

All I know is that you couldnt make money if you were employed by the US Mint.

#19     May 11, 2007
  10. My wife doesn't think I'm as disgusting as I used to be...

#20     May 11, 2007