It's Global Warming. Europe has coldest March in 50 years.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

History is being written differently now, there is a new variable.

The planet Mercury is much closer to the Sun than we are, why is the night side temperature around -300F?

#31     Mar 27, 2013
  2. jem

jem

sometimes the ricter riddle is so easy it seems like you agree with me. this is like you were my bp coach and I am hitting home runs at the all star game.

water vapor, humidity ... clouds...

why is the desert cooler at night than the coast?

zero reason to assume c02 is much of a factor at all.
    there is even less reason to assume that more co2 makes a difference. There was a study showing only the first layer of co2 could have an effect or reflect anything.

#32     Mar 27, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

So it's the lack of atmosphere on Mercury. What about the similarity of temperatures between the day and night sides of Venus, water vapor?

#33     Mar 27, 2013
  4. jem

jem

its so hot there because of the proximity to the sun that the water burns off and leaves an atmosphere that is:

"The atmosphere of Venus consists mainly of carbon dioxide, and a small amount of nitrogen. The thick cloud cover is composed of sulfur dioxide and sulfuric acid droplets. "

http://www.astronomynotes.com/solarsys/s9.htm

#34     Mar 27, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

So the lack of water vapor on Mercury is the main reason for that planet's temperature difference between day and night, but on Venus the lack of water vapor is the main reason for the planet's similarity of temperatures?

#35     Mar 27, 2013
  6. jem

jem

Why don't you tell.
    This is all pretty much scientific theory and guess work.

Why is the earth atmosphere just right for running water and life/

Is that you question?

Do you want to get into an anthropic discussion.
    We can start with planetary AP and then go to Universal AP.

You are going to argue that CO2 may trap the warmth.
    I will then show you reasons why if it is traping th warmth it probably on the first layer that traps the warmth. And that the warming started on venus which released the co2 from the rocks there. Again in even your theory warming released the co2.

Again on venus co2 is 95% of the atmosphere.
    Here is is a earth it is a fraction of one percent of the atmosphere.

#36     Mar 27, 2013