It's easier to be a millionaire than get six pack abs.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 18, 2012.

1. having the 4 sixes are key

be at least 6 feet tall
    make at least 6 figures
    have a six pack
    have at least a 6 inch d%ck

:D

#31     Jan 21, 2012
  2. one thing with abs.

abs on a skinny guy is about the same as big boobs on a fat girl!

in order for a six pack to matter you need to have a decent frame (wide shoulders, big chest, solid legs/arms) being rail thin with a few abs isnt impressive

#32     Jan 21, 2012
    luisHK likes this.
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

Are you a woman?

#33     Jan 21, 2012
    gkishot likes this.
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

You are forgeting looks, which are the most important physical thing I find.

#34     Jan 21, 2012
  5. just checked.

Nope

#35     Jan 21, 2012
  6. Mayhem

Mayhem

6 pack? Pfft!

I got a whole keg.

#36     Jan 23, 2012
  7. actually LOL , really :D

#37     Jan 23, 2012
  8. Mayhem

Mayhem

I briefly dated a girl with 6-pack abs (she was a fitness instructor). She had such a low fat-to-muscle ratio that you could see all the individual muscle bundles of her deltoids rippling every time she raised her arms or moved her shoulders.

Anyway, 6-pack abs are over-rated... the sex wasn't that good... like most things in life, you need a little cushion to make life good.

Plus, even for guys, 6-pack abs aren't really functional (unless you're gay of course, gay guys get fetishy about male body parts). How many boxers or MMA fighters go around sporting 6-pack abs? If your fat-to-muscle ratio is too low, you have no cushion to absorb blows, and no cushion of energy. Ever watch the World's Strongest Man competition on ESPN2? How many of those 'roid heads sport 6-pack abs? Have you ever watched Olympic weight lifters? Those dudes have big bellys... they have a huge 6-pack, but it's under a healthy layer of fat that provides the energy stores that you need to carry if you're burning thousands of calories a day and you still want to maintain enough mass to move heavy weights. Ever watch soccer players pull off their shirts after scoring a goal? How many of those guys sport 6-pack abs? And they typically run for 90-minute matches.

As for millionaires, my next door neighbor is one... she's 65, and inherited a house her dad purchased for about $10k after WW2. She has no mortgage and her house will easily fetch $750k today (her house would have gone for over $1MM before the housing meltdown). That plus her 401k makes her a millionaire. She is comfortable, but driving a Toyota Camry and taking two weeks of vacation every year isn't anywhere near living like a mogul. It's not a big deal... most baby boomers who didn't get coked up in the 80s, or who didn't go through multiple divorces have a good shot at being millionaires. A million dollars just ain't what it used to be.

#38     Jan 23, 2012
  9. I would REALLY like to know where you got that statistic of 1 in 25,000 ... I have been searching online for hours to find a source.

#39     Dec 30, 2018
  10. If you'd have asked me 7 years ago when I first posted this, I might have had the link bookmarked, but since I've changed computers a few times since then, I don't have the link anymore. I imagine it would be hard to find as I'm sure the article from such an old link. A lot of webpages have been created in the last 7 years with the word "abs" in there, so I'm sure wherever i got it, google has indexed it 50,000 pages deep.

#40     Dec 30, 2018