It's easier to be a millionaire than get six pack abs.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 18, 2012.

1. 007Arb

007Arb

Just what I was thinking. By the Wall Street Journal standards, it's only 2.6% of U.S. households that are millionaires. So that adage that millionaires in this day and age are a dime a dozen is inaccurate. Of course, everyone on ET is a millionaire many times over.

#11     Jan 19, 2012
  2. No matter how hard I try, I can never get six pack abs. I've always got 2 extra. Guess I'll settle for 8 pack abs. :D

#12     Jan 19, 2012
  3. Bob111

Bob111

so true..i was thinking about that while ago..when i was jogging..similarities between body building(or simple six pack(it's no so f** simple to get one,specially after 30)) and rate of success in trading. ..same exact rule..around 5%..likely less..for all trading haters-get this trough you head..same rule apply to everything..not just trading..FUCKING LIFE in general..btw-i agree-for many-six pack would be easiest way to check themselves before trading...

#13     Jan 19, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

:D :D :D Damn! i got the pack,but frigging little "love handles" ...

#14     Jan 19, 2012
  5. Flawed logic - you assume that the reason people don't have 6 pack abs is because it's too hard. Whereas the reason is that most people don't see much point in having them. The benefits to being a millionaire are significant. The benefits to having 6 pack abs are zero.

You should look at how many people are in shape, because that is a significant health, athletic, and aesthetic benefit. Whereas 6 pack abs don't improve your health, athleticism, and only improve your looks to those people who like it - and many people prefer a flat but soft-looking stomach.

Why work very hard to get something with little or no value?

#15     Jan 19, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

with all due respect i have to disagree with you on that..you can't get there without being in shape in general. and being in shape in general-there is a plenty of value in it..money can't buy everything..they can't buy happiness,when YOU look at your self in the mirror...trading,exercise,business,politics,power-it's all about being on top..isn't?

#16     Jan 19, 2012
  7. You bet....and the women love it ! Of course now the issue of getting women with LOOKS or MONEY.....
    best to have both ....natch.

#17     Jan 20, 2012
  8. morganist

morganist Guest

If it is getting the weight off skip. If it is shaping then do leg raises.

#18     Jan 20, 2012
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

#19     Jan 20, 2012
    #20     Jan 20, 2012