Its earnings season--market ready to decline

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by plastic man, Jan 10, 2010.

Will the S&P 500 be higher or lower at the end of January?

1. It will close higher than 1145

38 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. It will close lower than 1145

47 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. Not sure

12 vote(s)
    12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VIX is 10% below 10 DMA. I think it is one of Connors CVR signals for short-term market reversals. a couple of other CVRs that I recall suggest imminent reversal as well.

the complacent is surely rampant, bulls must be punished for having such an easy life with prices only going up.

does anybody trade based on CVRs?

#21     Jan 11, 2010
  2. Well said Shortie. The complacency is incredible. It's about time for the volatility to go up, and the whip saws to come back.

#22     Jan 12, 2010
  3. Catch a falling market, put it in your pocket, and save it for a rainy day.

#23     Jan 12, 2010
  4. Looks like falling market caught on this thread.

#24     Jan 12, 2010
  5. Thread 100% accurate so far.

So if that's dumb, i'm really stupid!

#25     Jan 12, 2010
  6. The drop that occured today that leaves a single bar top in place from yesterdy may be difficult to breach. It looks as though volatility is about to pick up...to the down side.

What do others think?

#26     Jan 12, 2010
  7. I think we are about to dip somewhere between 5% and 20%, with the most likely scenario being a 5%-7% dip.

I've been saying this for quite some time....so far it is playing out exactly as i suspected (which is a bit surprising)

There is a darker possibility...if earnings end up being significantly disappointing, things could turn much uglier.

But, that seems unlikely with interest rates where they are.

#27     Jan 12, 2010
  8. supremo

supremo

It will go up. The trend is there, but it will not easy though. :)

#28     Jan 12, 2010
  9. +1

I'm not saying we can't go higher, but I'm tightening up the stop losses on my investments. The market is waaaaaay ahead of the rest of the economy this time. I'm happier to lock in my profits and miss the next teetering rise until I see something to back it up.

#29     Jan 12, 2010
  10. volente_00

volente_00

what's up blowshan
    :p

#30     Jan 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.