It's coming home, it's coming home

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by MrAngry, Jun 8, 2009.

1. there are a LOT of reasons to prefer futures over forex, as has been gone over quite a few times in other threads.

Among others:

futures are SEGREGATED funds. Look at what happened to Refco futures accounts vs, forex accounts.

forex dealers are famous for screwing up /fronting/whatever the trades of their customers.

#11     Jun 9, 2009
  2. Eric215

Eric215

We will have to agree to disagree. I would never even consider switching to currency futures for several reasons that I already stated including margin, my specific strategy, frequent cross trading, etc. Granted having a segregated account is an added layer of protection in case of a firm bankruptcy, but if this is a concern there are UK account holding options. In my opinion currency futures are a terrible alternative for a diverse FX trader, like myself. All this nonsense about the dealers being scammers who are out to screw their customers is another pile of bologna in my opinion, which is propagated by losing traders in an attempt to blame someone else for their losses or poor stop placements. I'm sure that there are some shady dealers, but I have used a few of the larger ones over the years and I have never had one, yes not even one, issue with them. But to each their own, I suppose.

#12     Jun 9, 2009

3. Eric,

Which fx broker would you say in your opinion is the most satisfactory for your trading needs thus far. U can pm me with your reasons if you prefer vs posting publicly. Thx

#13     Jun 9, 2009
  4. Personally if I traded forex (which I don't), I would go through someone like Interactive Brokers, not the smaller os shady forex brokers.

#14     Jun 10, 2009
  5. You have 3418 posts and you don't trade forex:eek: :eek:

#15     Jun 17, 2009
  6. NO. I trade Futures :eek: :eek: :eek:

#16     Jun 17, 2009