It's been 2 years since I turned CNBC on...Cramer was on!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ElectricSavant, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Babak

Babak

What exactly is hard about coming up with picks? He just randomly picks stuff out of the air, like his recent DKS before earnings. It could have gone either way, he just wants to be in the middle of the action, buy/sell, win/lose. He just wants attention and ratings by pandering to the lowest denominator. If he's right, he looks like a trading God, if he's wrong he gets to apologize and offer a way to make your money back. This one is a sure bet...

Any wannabe actor could do his job, BUY BUY BUY SELL SELL SELL wocka wocka BZZZZzzzzzzz

#21     Aug 25, 2005
  2. Cramer has been a HUGE success since the June 2005 "run-up".
    What happens if we "run down" ?
    I still remember his $350 target for GOOG.
    Are we there yet ?

#22     Aug 25, 2005
  3. bdon

bdon

It has gone the other way. He said go long SBL, straight up a $1.50, next day they came out with bad news, straight down $2 and now down about $4 from that initial run up on his pick.

#23     Aug 26, 2005
  4. The guy definitely has A.D.D. It's funny, that, i too haven't watched CNBC since 2003 and wanted to see several months ago what all the hype was with this MAD money show. Well, i tuned in and he was the usual pseudo sympathetically high fein as when he actually managed money, if you can call it that. I will admit it was when he was bullish on SHLD and it made me some coin shorting it after the runups. So, for that 30 minutes or so when i tuned in to watch him glorify a profession that some actually do take seriously i added SHLD into my trade list--out of spite of course--lol. Investing in a better screener and putting in more hours of screen time will do more for a trader then watching lollypop gumdrop. Of course, i will never know which is better(lol) because he is not in my universe. I can see how a young trader would watch his broadcast and believe it was gumdrop who helped in the process of making money. To each his own. Funny thread though.....as most about him are...it's like the comic section of ET--(fleckmeister-LOL--the guy is a walking talking cliche`).

Andy Capp and his wife beating him over the head with a frying pan is a better view for me.

{whatever will be, will be, as the french say. i should know because i am a fumbling french detective that is always at the wrong place at the wrong time but manage to outwit the opposition out of sheer stupidity and ignorance. there is a place for us all.}

#24     Aug 27, 2005
  5. gr8stock

gr8stock

Lawrence Kudlow, Steve Liesman, Ron Insana, etc are CNBC better choice, right?

What a joke, most of CNBC guys have no f.. clue about trading.

Cramer is the ONLY ONE that knows what trading is about.
    This is the only show that is worthwhile to spend your time watching CNBC.

#25     Aug 27, 2005
  6. If the show is that popular, maybe they can pay someone to actually write some decent background/theme music. How many more times :))) must we listen to the same two measures of music looped over and over?

#26     Aug 28, 2005
  7. As traders should we be trading the sizzle?

I find the whole CNBC thing anti-productive and most detrimental to my "train of thought" and the last thing I need at the end of the day is a screaming, spitting maniac telling me its the lightening round...booya

There was once a chain of restaurants known as the Sizzler. The CEO said we are selling the sizzle not the steaks....

Michael B.

#27     Aug 28, 2005
  8. Cramer on ADM:

"hey , is that an ear of corn in your pants or are you just glad to see me"

#28     Aug 28, 2005
  9. I heard he is managing several millions in his own private account and that he publishes his trades while they take place live in his subscription website.

Is it true?

#29     Aug 28, 2005
  10. In case you've been living under a rock the last 20 years, the musical taste of the public is about as low as it's been in say, the last 300 years.

The more loathsome and primitive, the more they suck it up.

#30     Aug 28, 2005