It's Back! The B*a*r*r*o*n*s Game!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Nov 15, 2008.

1. OH BOY PHARM PRODUCT EXPLODES ON ME!

Sorry folks I'm rusty as heck at the Barrrons game it's made a late morning surge on us
    $22.50 to $23.91!!!! 7% no news natural as hell.... I should of refined this edition with some open buy orders that way we would of been triggered in...

GMCR
    PPDI

........... ALRIGHT working from behind now we may have to buy the retrace.... there's 14% of love here and not an ounce of it on my plate yet. What's nice is these are non lead stories just names we pulled out... PPDI from dividends and GMCR from and earnings related chart show....These are natural moves.

The cat litter stock is up to 8,400 shares and this is the price you want $17.38... ~ stoney

#11     Nov 17, 2008
  2. Alright folks we SIMPLY had to do something!!!!

A barron's game is not a barron's game unless we make it work.

Today the market gave us a break or tricked us in we're not sure which IStar was beaten down to $1.03 cents on LOW Volume we went in at $1.09 and we are up already. Check out this insider buying.

Date Insider Shares Type Transaction Value*
    14-Nov-08 MCDONALD JOHN G
    Director 6,000 Indirect Purchase at $1.25 per share. $7,500
    13-Nov-08 REISS DALE ANN
    Director 3,000 Indirect Purchase at $1.15 per share. $3,449
    7-Nov-08 AUGUST GLENN R
    Director 226,900 Direct Purchase at $1.43 per share. $324,467
    6-Nov-08 AUGUST GLENN R
    Director 273,100 Direct Purchase at $1.22 per share. $333,182
    4-Nov-08 MCDONALD JOHN G
    Director 6,000 Indirect Purchase at $1.25 per share. $7,500
    3-Nov-08 PUSKAR GEORGE R
    Director 4,000 Indirect Purchase at $1.22 - $1.23 per share. $4,9002
    9-Oct-08 RICE CATHERINE
    Officer 150,000 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $0 per share. N/A
    9-Oct-08 NYDICK JAY S
    Officer 1,000,000 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $0 per share. N/A
    9-Oct-08 MATIS NINA
    Officer 300,000 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $0 per share. N/A
    6-Oct-08 MATIS NINA
    Officer 31,857 Direct Statement of Ownership N/A
    17-Sep-08 PUSKAR GEORGE R
    Director 5,000 Indirect Purchase at $3.65 per share. $18,250
    29-Aug-08 MCDONALD JOHN G
    Director 4,000 Indirect Purchase at $5.75 per share. $23,000
    1-Jul-08 REISS DALE ANN
    Director N/A Direct Statement of Ownership N/A
    13-Mar-08 RICE CATHERINE
    Officer 5,500 Direct Purchase at $13.53 - $13.8 per share. $75,0002
    12-Mar-08 RICE CATHERINE
    Officer 4,500 Direct Purchase at $13.65 - $14.37 per share. $63,0002
    6-Mar-08 NYDICK JAY S
    Officer 10,000 Direct Purchase at $14.81 per share. $148,100
    6-Mar-08 MCDONALD JOHN G
    Director 4,000 Indirect Purchase at $13.30 per share. $53,200
    5-Mar-08 NYDICK JAY S
    Officer 3,100 Direct Purchase at $14.50 per share. $44,950
    3-Mar-08 NYDICK JAY S
    Officer 7,900 Direct Purchase at $16 per share. $126,400

I'm sure these guys have better thing sto do than throw away their money, through careful analysis of their earnings report and CC, I feel this is a bet worth taking... it's a risk...

Next Up HERBALIFE, they have a analyst presentation at 3:00 today so we ought to be able to time our purchase just right and then hopefully get an upgrade or two tomorrow. Most analysts feel currency and slow Mexico are the main culprits for HLF... these things can moderate, their US sales are quite strong... they are so international though that can be a problem... just opened in Ecuador of all places. Nice Insider here too....

I think these are going to be my only two plays of the Barron's game... GMCR is RIGHT THERE I could get pushed in quite easily... and American Express I'm thinking more and more about....

Now as to you all I REALLY MUST SAY GOOD JOB! YOUR NOT POSTING HERE TELLS ME THAT YOU ARE DOING LOTS OF DUE DILIGENCE HOWEVER THE WEEK IS ONLY SO LONG... I IMPLORE YOU TO MAKE YOUR CASE NOW... OR YOU WILL HAVE TO JUST BUY
    SFI & HLF AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. ~ stoney

#12     Nov 18, 2008
  3. Thank You Wink!!!!

WE DID IT FOLKS!

ISTAR FINL INC COM SFI: NYSE

1.25+0.06 (+5.04%) 1.25 x71,300 1.26 x5,300 1.03 - 1.26 2,648,201...

AND BREAKING OUT INTO THE CLOSE! I STAR NEAR
    $1.10 PURCHASE....

Now It's unfortunate but the Barron's rules stipulate that I hold this through Friday's market that's going to be tough. I imagine I hit $2 in short order and then
    probably round trip unless I get lucky...

In other moves Green Mtn swing trade is half way evident to $34 I have not bought yet.

HLF... I got sacred away by NBTY's miss a few days ago but will trawl for verbiage first thing in the morning. I think we landed on the right horse! GO ISTAR & Thank you all for playing along, doing the research and making the case. This is stoney for The Barrons Game. See ya tomorrow!

#13     Nov 18, 2008
  4. this thread is as nauseating as your others

You have major self-importance issues

#14     Nov 18, 2008
  5. hughb

hughb

Stoney's a good guy. I like stoney. Haters are a dime a dozen. If you could just hang out in the feedback forum bitching about spammers and all the new forums you want on the board, I'd appreciate it.

#15     Nov 19, 2008
  6. So are guru wannabes

#16     Nov 19, 2008
  7. WE ARE UP NEAR 40%!!!!!! I think.

$1.50 close $1.10 purchase... i will be selling today and posting the final results stay tuned please. Remember that the cost of Barron's is somewhere around $3!!!!

And we would never have bought this name without playing the B*A*R*R*O*N*S GAME!

Now the rules of the Barron's game state that I must invest the money in another name from the game... I have the new issue but found it wanting. They couldn't possibly put out two good one's in a row... so we will re look at the list of names from this edition and if we can find no play we will roll the profit into next week.

Those who played along will want to sell with us, for nothing makes the host of the game madder than you all making more from his picks than him! ~ stoney

#17     Nov 25, 2008
  8. What a great after the fact trade. SFI is trading down nearly 20% today. So you got out yesterday and are now posting today after the stock has taken a huge dump. Hmmmm...

#18     Nov 25, 2008
  9. Port we are now entirely out @ $1.50 area.... I left many open orders at $1.60 the last few days the stk is up and down fast as you note in your jealous rage!!! A ha!!!!!

TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! *******

All for reading a $3 Barons and playing the Barrons game- I would of never thought of this name thank you thank you, Barron's GAME A BIT more than coal in the stocking for mama stoney!!!!!! And thank you all for playing along at home except for Port who didn't listen....

Ok what to do now Wink!!! Strike up the band next weekend will surely be a good one they have tossed in two crappola issues in a row, cash is raised awaiting future deployment.... this Games success rate is now over 80%!!!!! I so want it to be MOVE folks,.... you got to feel with those lower interest rates potential buyers are going to be using Realitor.com That's the prediction here folks!!! How they make money off those eyeballs is always the problem. I so want this $1 stock.... I feel a Barons mention coming but I can't buy it I don't think...

I can't do that, it wouldn't fall within the strict rules of the Barron's game... oh you got to love making money on a stock you couldn't care about, this is new for me and I like it! I sell coldly who cares?
    It's The Barrons Game!!

Stay Tuned! ~stoney

#19     Dec 3, 2008