It's all Greek to me

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Ivanovich, Jan 28, 2010.

1. #31     Jan 28, 2010
  2. #32     Jan 28, 2010
  3. The territories and dominion of the Holy Roman Empire in terms of present-day states comprised Germany (except Southern Schleswig), Austria (except Burgenland), the Czech Republic, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Slovenia (except Prekmurje), besides significant parts of eastern France (mainly Artois, Alsace, Franche-Comté, Savoie and Lorraine), northern Italy (mainly Lombardy, Piedmont, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, and South Tyrol), and western Poland (mainly Silesia, Pomerania, and Neumark).

#33     Jan 28, 2010

4. Do any of those older civilizations and lands overlap "modern day Greece?"

Looks like the Ten Major powers don't as far as I can tell.

#34     Jan 28, 2010
  5. I am sorry to say, but I can't stop finding this image really funny. I imagine the Colonel's faces when they will meet the ECB, IMF dudes...

Pant's down !

ahaha... :D

#35     Jan 29, 2010
  6. Despite all the chatter on the potential rescue, I would have thought they'd begin to contract.

#36     Jan 29, 2010
  7. Yeah, you'd have to have a winter flat in Athens or something.

#37     Jan 29, 2010
  8. Germans had balls twice before, if u recall:)

#38     Jan 29, 2010
  9. Germany should save it's bullets for when the weaker Western European countries ask for some help.:)

#39     Jan 29, 2010

10. I might do a complete reversal here.
    I have been looking into Germany and their financial mindset.

They friggin don't like carrying others debts and some
    of the countries are simply FUBAR.

We might see a re-structuring of the EU where only the financially solid countries remain.

Once they open the gates for the bread lines ...
    every country will stand in line for their share ...
    The more I look at the German mindset ... the more I suspect they won't go for it.

They do want access to military and Nukes however that are there with a solvent EU.

It wouldn't surprise me that they headfake Britain into leaving the EU ...
    and stay in themselves as the Central Power.

#40     Jan 29, 2010