It's all Greek to me

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Ivanovich, Jan 28, 2010.

1. edit:

And not to politicize this thread... but when NJ money, my money feeds some Alabaman or Mississippian that is against stem cell research because their bible says so... well, that REALLY pisses me off.

(sorry for the rant in this thread)

#11     Jan 28, 2010
  2. I lived in NJ for a long time (Morris County). I solved that by moving to Baltimore, MD.

Property taxes in 2008: $14,766
    2009 in MD: $4700.

#12     Jan 28, 2010
  3. So what are you saying? That Germans should move to Greece?

:D

But yes, it's ridiculous what we pay in Jersey. I'm planning on moving out of Jersey.

#13     Jan 28, 2010
  4. #14     Jan 28, 2010
  5. If the Germans had balls they should simply ask the Greek for territory in return. E.g. Corfu or Crete :cool:

For Spain the Germans would accept Mallorca as payment, and for Portugal Madeira would certainly be acceptable.

#15     Jan 28, 2010
  6. Have you been to Greece? I'd move there! Santorini is right up my alley.

#16     Jan 28, 2010
  7. LOL! Now we're talking.

#17     Jan 28, 2010
  8. Can't see any future problems with this solution....LOL

When do we start carving up USA territory for the Chinese?

#18     Jan 28, 2010
  9. m22au

m22au

This is why I'm finding it hard to justify shorting EUR/USD as a "Greece play" or "PIIGS play".

While I understand the justification for it, I can't help but think that the PIIGS are only a small percentage of EUR economic activity, especially when compared to the stronger nation of Germany.

On the other hand, I'm happy to short GBP/USD because this pair only relates to two countries.

#19     Jan 28, 2010
  10. Been there 14 times since the late 1970s. Have friends and family there.

In the late 1960s, my parents emigrated from this greek island to move to New Jersey:

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have grown up and worked all my life in the US... but part of me is ready to move there. Gotten to the point where I'm disgusted with the rat race and can focus on freelancing and trading. Nowadays, with an internet connection, you can work anywhere.

May even restart some old family vineyards and try out winemaking.

#20     Jan 28, 2010