It's all about the patterns. . .

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TGregg, Jun 18, 2010.

1. All the wings are on one side.

#11     Jun 21, 2010
  2. We have this oil spill.

so lets solve the problem in a few days.

Take over the dome in new orleans.

ship all the reinforced rubber and kevlar bolts already made to the dome. A bolt is a rolled up quantity of flexible stong material.

Now we sew a cylinder as a set of bolts of material being sewn on both sides by working with material welders where the sewn cylinder goes into the middle from the edges.

the cylinder has 1,000 foot diameter and in the middle (of the dome, cylinder is pleated) and then folded as the footage grows. It makes a big pile in the middle and it is above the floor sufficiently for later shipment (in a few hours or a day)

Every 1000 feet of length it is stopped and a new one begins.

by doing two cylinders at a time the process required only three passes of 1,000 feet each. Six cylinders in six piles.

we truck these cycniders in their pleated and folded form to barges and take then to the site of the spill.

We make a 1,000 foot life preserver (20 feet high and wide with 1,000foot hole in center) and put the cycinder inside it and wieght the first part going down.

Note the cylinder in six parts will form a 1,000 foot diameter tube arouind the spill and go down from the life preserver to the bottom (over 5,000 feet easily) where the bottom weights will snuggle it into the mud

Where each segment ends we cloth weld a new segemnt to the formerly lowered segment right at the life preserver.

what did we achieve?

we solved all the problems at hand.

1. the pressure problem technology couldn't deal with.

2. bringing the oil and gas to the surface letting it expand as it rises.

3. Established a permanent collection point for 100% or what is coming out of the well.

4. stopped all shoreline and in situ water damages to the enviroment.

5. created a reusable oil spill container that will be avaialable for all future spills.

6. set up a 100% recovery of the well produxcts to create income for paying for the spill and future operations at a profit.

How do we operate this tube?

1. set upi guy cables from the tube to the bottom by using eletromagnets on both sides of the tube at given depths on both sides. the magnets clamp onto each other and the cables are guyed out ward and downward to hold the tube as guy rings at various locations like every 1,000 feet of depth.

2. set up pumping barges in a ring around the lifesaver. AT LEAST 10 the handle 6,000 barrels a day each of oil. Pump into lighters that are qued for each pumping station.

3. sell the oi8l locally and get it processed into salable conventionally consumed products.

4. Install on the lifepreserver, a membrane to collect and compress all the off gasses from the well. Lighter the compressed liquid natural gas to local outlets after processing to remove the water contrent and make the gas a standard product.

what is the long term solution?

1. deal with each hurricane passing by by using wave barriers around and not attached to the lifeprserver. Call them Navy ships of all available sizes.

2. begin to monitor the oil and gas flow to do projections on pressure decline at well head.It must drop to put intech fixes as we have found out. See the three inch suction lines coming from the BOP and failed mud injector apparatus. performance.

3. line up techncal fixes that will work to cap well when danger of material and mud liner (This is improperly formulated aggregate) failure ranges have been passed. BP used inferior casing and usaed an unsuccessful backfill outside the casing so both of those failures are put into thepressure limits for capping.

4. stop drilling the relief wells since they will also fail due to BOP limits that will be eceeded from the source overall pressure.

5. At some point super perf the casing at a shalow depth to wreck the casing fragment the geology so it shifts aross the casing cross section massively and at several depths that are not geologically interlocked. (blow it to smitherines.)

6. close down BP as a penalty for their environmental transgressions.

7, Fine EVERYONE who used the oilspill environmental impact statment hugely and never let any of those persons involved work in the industry for the foreseeable future. Use the fines to cover the largest imaginable screwup that has been engendred by these screw offs.

8. All outershelf driiling in the future first installs a 1,000 foot diameter tube and lifesaver before starting to do any drilling. The tube will have a cannel type lock in it for letting the dilling rig in once.

9. Accidents wit the tube inplace: If BOP does not work then it is detonnated at the time the pumper barges around the life preserver are put in place. A second lifepreserver is located and held below the depth of the drilling rig so it can be floated after the drilling rig is disposed of when it catches fire, etc. spare patching cylinders are storred so that they can be lowered to cover any slits the drilling rig makes as it sinks and cuts throught the tube after it has burned and sunk.

#12     Jun 21, 2010
  3. I meant that there are pictures circulating over the internet that look like a devil hand, yet they are only random grime from the oil spill.

#13     Jun 21, 2010
  4. They are really deviled ham sandwiches.

#14     Jun 21, 2010
  5. So he used optical illusions to say we're stupid to look for patterns?

I think he forgot the most important point which is that those images do exist. Do we have a selective image recognition? Sure but the majority of the time the patterns you saw were there.

You have to understand what he did. He took the picture of the horse, flipped it sideways and called it a frog. We're the dumb one for seeing a horse? Get real. I know people who can do the same thing, except way better....they're called Magicians.

Finally, I don't trade patterns, however "Patterns" in the market and patterns drawn on paper are 2 different things. The market doesn't consist of a 12 year old with a crayon in his hand drawing pictures.

He says to be objective about the facts? Well I am. He's just using outliers to prove a point. Another example was the mountain. There's millions of square feet of mountain in this world. If a handful of them look like faces then that's NEAT......... NOT science.

I think he's spent a little too much time in academia.

Now everyone's going to think I have a problem with this goof. It's not him, it's the fact he's getting paid good money to sit up there and say we're all stupid and that he's really really smart. Of course everyone proceeds to swing from his sack.

ummmm that's great, but the brain itself is probably one of the most advance things on this planet.

:)

#15     Jun 21, 2010
  6. #16     Jun 21, 2010
  7. One of the most fun recent experiences we have had here (in Tucson and around the globe) was seeing Businessweek/Bloomberg publish our pattern

....B2B 2R >>>>>>>>2B R2R 2B 2R B2B >>>>> 2R 2B....

on page 51 of the May 24 --May30 isuue. It (the BW/B illustration) was also posted in where the rubber meets the road thread...

The part they illustrated is the part between the >>>>> and the >>>>>

they also were kind enough to use collor and arrows facing the corrct direction for the pattern.

I know this thread is about people who have undifferentiated minds and do not inference to back up their sensing.

Imagine the person the OP brought to us knowing two things:

!. how markets work, and

2. how to build the mind so it is fully differentiated.

Years from now he may catch on.

Years from now traders may catch on too.

I don't think many will see what is involved in "building the mind" through purposeful drills, however.

Almost all potential traders go to an incoherent state very soon in their experience. They have feelings of incoherence represented by anyiety, fear and anger. These and the related incoherence forever deny them the opportunity it see the pattern of the market and to build their mind's inference into differentiation.

Those of us on the other side and who are diffrentiated can read the Businessweek/Bloomberg illustration and immediately see what the market was doing in its order of events on 06MAY10 and we see also that most people (including the staff at BW/B) are incoherent and cannot build their minds by their prior choices.

#17     Jun 21, 2010
  8. Mysteron

Mysteron

Symmetry is the most noticeable thing to me,although there are some minor imperfections if you look closely.

#18     Jun 21, 2010
  9. thanks for the video

#19     Jun 21, 2010

10. So what's more important to this bug that has all of his wings on one side? Not being seen or going from A to B without walking up and down those wheat stalks in the picture?

If I showed you the following, is it one pattern or two patterns?

B2B 2R 2B R2R 2B 2R

If those things above happened as events 1 through 6, were there three pairs of up and down or two patterns, one long followed by one short?

Right now I know your and TE's and T666's (and traderzones's) answer is three ups and downs as pairs. This leads to trading as shown in the 24,000 trade backtest that made 18 dollar loss per trade on average as zxeen by T666.

What happens when a person trades the two triads and makes money on each trade? He gets to compound his profits as long as he wishes.

How can a person switch his mind from your collecive thinking to my thinking? A person usually cannot.

A learning process is required. Your collective thinking does not include a substantive thinking process.

There are no successful rules in trading that come from inductive thinking.

look at each pair

1. B2B 2R (4)

2. 2B R2R (4)

3. 2B 2R (2)

Each has an up followed by a down on price. There are 10 volume peaks and troughs, however. See ( ).

The sentiment combo for each pair is the same on one and different on the other two. On one pair the sentiment changes duing the pair. Sentiment of the market is in a flux that is different on each of all three.

The long trade is B2B 2R 2B.

The short trade is R2R 2B 2R.

If you are more skilled you do six trades and use a faster fractal to show you the 3 part pattern within each of the six trades.

If you are even more skilled you do 18 trades during the 1 through 6 originally spoken of.

Money is made in proportion to skills that are held as differentiation in the brain.

Up and down people get screwed like clockwork. The first pair above is called "the early exit". The next two are called "whipsaw".; They are also called "I made a profit for a while and then the market went against be and I wound up getting stopped out".

All three represent the CW ACTION of price action trading. TE is an ACTION guy.

Early exit plus two whipsaws on three consecutive trades equals 95% of traders quitting.

Do a search on "confused" Read all the "confused" posts in ET.

Read page 51 of BW/B the 24MAY issue and find out what "confused" is on a worldwide basis. the R2R 2B 2R short pattern for 06MAY10 is illustrated at the top of the page.

#20     Jun 21, 2010