IT'S ALL ABOUT THE OIL (isn't it?)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jan 30, 2003.

1. That cannot think STRAIGHT

Think about this,

Out of your choices for "Problem Children" in the World,

IRAQ

North Korea

China

Pakistan etc, etc....

Only IRAQ has WMD and has used them in the past - ON HIS OWN PEOPLE

IRAQ has invaded another neighbor 2 times in the past 20 years

IRAQ is under the same Despot (for 20 years) with more stockpiles since the last conflict.

And IRAQ has loaded who knows what on the three 40,000 ton mystery ships floating in the worlds oceans on RADIO SILENCE.

And IRAQ would probably be more than willing to give Terrorists some of WMD ...... Who is willing to take that gamble?

END GAME approaching

#91     Feb 19, 2003
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

answers:
    1. Many dictators have killed their own people and still do..there are many reported cases of North Korea using chemical weapons on their on people that are imprisoned for political reasons. Just because it wasnt on the tip of a scud doesnt make it any different.

2. Fidel Castro has been in total control of Cuba for much longer. He has committed countless autrocities on his own people as well..

3. Mystery Ship......Stop them board them and then relay the correct cargo...but a "loaded with who knows what " doesnt mean jack.

4. Saddam is about power not terrorism....period. He is ammasing a fortune and ruling with an iron fist..thats his game. Saudi Arabia on the other hand had more citizens onboard the 911 planes than Iraq had....was there even one Iraqi??....

peace

#92     Feb 19, 2003
  3. 1) North Korea is a true threat, I hope we get em...

2) I don't agree with us bombing Iraq (I don't believe they pose a threat), but I am resigned to the fact that we will end up bombing em...

3) China is not a bastion of terrorism, but it is a geopolitical threat... we must contain the Chinese by absorbing North Korea and Taiwan into our sphere of control...

4) Pakistan cannot be trusted, we should either take out their nukes with Indian and Israeli help (both of whom are working together on this anyway), or we must do it directly...

5) India is not an enemy in a post cold-war environment... Israel is already working extremely closely with these guys... India is a useful potential geopolitical counterweight to regional Chinese influence... we should therefore sell the Indians whatever weapons they want...

#93     Feb 19, 2003
  4. CUBANO you are Fired your answers are weak:

Hope you enjoy the edit of your answers - I'm just trying to get you straight some of my best friends are Cuban.

I served in the Air Force with many Cubans, one who flew at the Bay of Pigs.

1. Many dictators have killed their own people and still do..NOT in the NUMBERS OF SADDAM - NAME ONE DESPOT that killed his people with GAS? HUMMMMMMMMM

2. Fidel Castro has been in total control of Cuba for much longer. He has committed countless autrocities on his own people as well..

NOBODY cares about CASTRO, he has NOTHING, he begs for money, the country is totally BK, Cuba will be a Resort after he dies.

Me and a friend are gona open a CADILLAC Dealer in HAVANA LOL.

3. Mystery Ship......Stop them board them and then relay the correct cargo...but a "loaded with who knows what " doesnt mean jack.

Yeah, we will stop them when they run of Diesel full in the middle of the Ocean.

4. Saddam is about power (to destroy and launch Missiles anywhere in a few months or years)

not terrorism....period (you got to be kidding, he would kill his own people with SERIN GAS, he will surely give WMD to Terrorist to kill ANYONE).

He is ammasing a fortune - Correct - and he has RESOURCES to supply TERRORISTs unlike CASTRO, whose dirt POOR.

and ruling with an iron fist..thats his game (Agree).

Saudi Arabia on the other hand had more citizens onboard the 911 planes than Iraq had....was there even one Iraqi??....

(Didn't say SAUDI was going to be kept safe either).

USAF sez PEACE through precision guided munitions.

18 European Nations agree with the US.

LET'S ROLL

#94     Feb 19, 2003
  5. And, in respect of what Agin just posted, I would strongly support the bombing of Saudi Arabia (for me this is justified in a way that a bombing of Iraq couldn't be... but if we do start to bomb the Iraqis, I will of course support our soldiers)...

#95     Feb 19, 2003
  6. thanks for the suggestion - I'll try to think straighter in the future. ElCubano raised good points with regard to the above. The comparison with Castro is interesting. The other points make nice slogans, but do they justify a preemptive war, by themselves?

Lincoln killed 250,000 of his own citizens, his portrait is on a coin. Many countries have invaded other countries in the past, the list would take pages. Chinese govt. is arguably at least as oppressive as Iraq. many countries possess "WMDs" that could be given to terrorists. France is an example, and newly categorized as an acceptable object of open hatred by patriotic Americans - if they are so treacherous, why not fear their aiding the terrorists too?

there is no dispute that saddam is a bad guy. what is in doubt is what differentiates him from all the other tyrants of the world, what justifies bombing him, and most importantly, how that differentiation applies to other, similar countries in the future.

an example - this story today:
    U.S.-Turkish Tensions Mount Over Aid, Troops
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30506-2003Feb19.html

the reporting is exaggerated, but one has to ask if Turkey might stumble its way onto the administration's 'to-bomb' list. sure it sounds improbable, but so did war with Iraq 2 years ago. surely there are some aluminum tubes in Turkey and sufficient malfeasance attributable to the Turkish government.

they have also announced through 'anonymous officials' that they're considering going after Iran and Syria. again, that doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility, especially given the foundation for the war on Iraq. if not, then why not? if so, where does this end?

#96     Feb 19, 2003

7. September 11th, The Sequel
    followed by
    September 12th, The Prequel,
    then
    September 13th, Die Another Day

More productions, in addition to the Osama productions cited above, are probably on the way... Osama is now pretty overworked, so the Director will also be hiring Mohammad, Ali, and Imran, who will each have their own series dedicated to their exploits... Mohammad's Series will be witnessed in August, Ali's in July and Imran's in June...

The Director may also be hiring on an ad-hoc basis, with productions to be released randomly throughout the year, in various locations around the USA...

#97     Feb 19, 2003
  8. Quote from Madison:

"Lincoln killed 250,000 of his own citizens, his portrait is on a coin."

I guess Jeff Davis did about the same. So what?

"Many countries have invaded other countries in the past, the list would take pages."

Is that being condoned now? And what generally was the response?

"Chinese govt. is arguably at least as oppressive as Iraq."

Definitely a human rights issue not quite worthy of invasion. China is definitely stable politically and not a threat to the region.

"many countries possess "WMDs" that could be given to terrorists."

So could the US for that matter, but the argument is specious. What countries and what would be their motive?

"France is an example, and newly categorized as an acceptable object of open hatred by patriotic Americans - if they are so treacherous, why not fear their aiding the terrorists too?"

Because obviously they don't and wouldn't for their own economic, among moral and other reasons.

"there is no dispute that saddam is a bad guy. what is in doubt is what differentiates him from all the other tyrants of the world, what justifies bombing him, and most importantly, how that differentiation applies to other, similar countries in the future."

Well, why don't you you tell us just how Saddam is "similar" to "other tyrant's of the world."

#98     Feb 19, 2003
  9. you are arguing just to argue.

Fact: Iraq should be bombed
    Q) why?
    A) because he killed his own people in the past
    Q) ok, but most countries have done that, even your own. does that per se justify a preemptive war by a third party?
    A) so what?

#99     Feb 19, 2003
  10. 1. Re: Lincoln, I'm presenting an equally illogical comparison with Jefferson. In any event, killing one's "own people," in this case enemy soldiers in a civil war, is acceptable, including unintentional (and unavoidable) collateral damage.

2. Massacres are not, even though have occurred in modern times. Massacre via poison gas is beyond the pale.

#100     Feb 19, 2003